I received a box of rocks today.

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. The pump that failed is still making a louder noise than the other. As I said it was my back up. Since I need new back ups anyway, I am thinking I may just pick up a couple of new MJ1200s and start fresh with the move.

I would recommend Sicce Syncra Silent pumps - good solid brand and they have barbed output connectors for the tubing - I used these in my JBJ 65g tanks (in the reef I used one Sycra 1.5 + a Mighty Jet Midsize DC pump)

upload_2019-5-14_3-39-23.png

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watch out for curbs!
Ha! I am not a coordinated human specimen. In elementary school I had a special gym class. Years later it occurred to me I was the only one in the class without Down syndrome.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! I am not a coordinated human specimen. In elementary school I had a special gym class. Years later it occurred to me I was the only one in the class without Down syndrome.

;Wideyed

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm... interesting point. I did not think of that. I actually got a couple of MJ 1200s pretty cheap and will use them. If they fail too quickly, I will switch to dual Sicce 1.5s probably. I like the idea of the dual pumps and do not have any space constraints.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, they recommend Cobalts in place of MJ's for anything like that. Full disclosure... I had just put in a UV, and pulled out a brand new Cobalt MJ600 that I had gotten about a year ago... Gave it a nice good wash, rinsed it in RODI water, hooked it up... Lemon. Was a real cup check lol

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back