OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. I took a better inventory today. I am missing a Rainbow Acanthastrea, a Bug Out Stylophora and a Shimmer and Shine Acropora. All were knocked off their rocks in the move and are nowhere to be found. They may be lost but I am still hoping they show themselves somewhere.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I am quite happy. As hard as it was it was pretty easy in that nothing went wrong. The unexpected was my biggest worry. I even had 6 gallons of salt mix ready I never used. If I lose a couple of corals I can live with that.

This week I need to test the levels which has not been done in a long time. Just to get a baseline and then I will probably just check Alkalinity going forward as usual.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll probably find them growing in the most unusual spot in 6 months time hahaha
Exactly! I already found a broken Anacropora branch lower in the rock structure and I just left it there. Looked happy enough and I want to see how it does in lower light.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait........... are those VCR tapes????:eek::eek:
LOL! Good eye. I was hoping no one would notice. I do not really watch TV much, and was not planning on getting one. I watch the tank. I do like watching movies sometimes, though, and we had this really old TV/VCR combo in the house so I grabbed it. I still had many of my old VHS movies too. Some classics like Godfather, 12 Angry Men, Aliens, The Thing, Dawn of the Dead, etc. Some of them I have not watched since VCRs were the rage.

“Be kind, rewind!” ;Hilarious

Maybe I should bring my album collection here too to keep the tapes company. Lots of punk rock and other rare music that is not readily available digitally.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! Good eye. I was hoping no one would notice. I do not really watch TV much, and was not planning on getting one. I watch the tank. I do like watching movies sometimes, though, and we had this really old TV/VCR combo in the house so I grabbed it. I still had many of my old VHS movies too. Some classics like Godfather, 12 Angry Men, Aliens, The Thing, Dawn of the Dead, etc. Some of them I have not watched since VCRs were the rage.

“Be kind, rewind!” ;Hilarious

Maybe I should bring my album collection here too to keep the tapes company. Lots of punk rock and other rare music that is not readily available digitally.

Hello,

Sorry I had to catch up I have been sick and I had some issues with my own. I’m super glad your move went well
And tank looks amazing. I disagree with others you need a 240 on that wall to just dominate it lol. Love the color
Of your hard wood floors.

Oh and what’s a vcr? I haven’t seen any of those movies lol (i cant believe I had to admit that lol).

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Sorry I had to catch up I have been sick and I had some issues with my own. I’m super glad your move went well
And tank looks amazing. I disagree with others you need a 240 on that wall to just dominate it lol. Love the color
Of your hard wood floors.

Oh and what’s a vcr? I haven’t seen any of those movies lol (i cant believe I had to admit that lol).
Thanks! All of those movies are classics, but watch 12 Angry Men. One of the best movies ever made. No special effects. Just 12 guys in a room with some of the best dialogue ever written.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well big breaths and time to recover sir. Glad the move went smoothly. I still find polyps of my green blasto in collection low-areas around the sand bed that are trying to hang out. The polyp bailout resulted in a loss of about 7 matured polyps 1.5" across each.

The cave has reopened after the silence and thus was ressurected.

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
f90c9156dbb461091618a358d37bd90f.jpg

Off topic joke I just received a box of rocks literally lol [emoji23]

Hope all is well sir

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off topic joke I just received a box of rocks literally lol [emoji23]
LOL, FedEx and UPS must hate reefers. We order 100s of pounds of salt and rocks regularly.

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, FedEx and UPS must hate reefers. We order 100s of pounds of salt and rocks regularly.

I bet there like why hell does someone buy rocks and salt lol

I think it’s more funny after I finished up my weekly PNL reports I said sir I gotta go there rocks waiting for me at my front door lol

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 56.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • None.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.1%
Back