I received a box of rocks today.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly I do not have a pc. Even if I borrowed a laptop it would be a Mac. Thanks anyway. I will look into brs rental

The recommended par for the nem is perfect thanks. It’s weird to me everything was ok for so long and now looks like light is to strong
Are they just In hiding or do they appear to be receding/melting? My experience when adding early sounds similar and I lost them. For a while I assumed they were just hiding after being fine for a month or two until one crawled out kind of melting.

*I re-read and saw they're kind of out of sight. Keep as good an eye on them as you can.

Last edited:

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they just In hiding or do they appear to be receding/melting? My experience when adding early sounds similar and I lost them. For a while I assumed they were just hiding after being fine for a month or two until one crawled out kind of melting.

*I re-read and saw they're kind of out of sight. Keep as good an eye on them as you can.

My gut says hiding but I’m not sure. It started when I stirred up the sand bed when cyano started getting ugly. They always took food a few times a week and now I can’t feed them. Hope they know what they are doing because I don’t. One just spit and last time it split they acted weird also.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! The tank looked great today. The Cyanobacteria has not returned after the last blow off. The hair algae is loving its freedom! LOL. Seriously, that is fine. My tank has always adapted to everything since day one. This one will just take a little longer.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! The tank looked great today. The Cyanobacteria has not returned after the last blow off. The hair algae is loving its freedom! LOL. Seriously, that is fine. My tank has always adapted to everything since day one. This one will just take a little longer.

Stoked for you!

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stoked for you!
Thanks. Even with the loss of some corals I am keeping the flow cranking. The fish are fine with it and it seems to discourage the Cyanobacteria. The hair algae likes it too, but that is okay for now. Hair algae does not scare me at all. What I am really waiting for is coralline. I lost a lot, but there is still a ton in there. I feel like once I see that starting to spread again, I will know the tank is back near normal.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might have a frag with your name on it. ;)
20190720_171206.jpg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bless you, my brother. That is better than my plan to get you to pass out, then raid your tank while @Crabby48 writes foul things on you with a Sharpie.

Everyone's khakis will be patted down... dont get too excited @Fudsey ... we know ur from the north and all. @Raege will be thoroughly checked as well. And not by my girl :D

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone's khakis will be patted down... dont get too excited @Fudsey ... we know ur from the north and all. @Raege will be thoroughly checked as well. And not by my girl :D

I do not sell frags I trade them at my lfs or give them away, if I do the new system I will need to think about that! ;)
I love when people share. :)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not sell frags I trade them at my lfs or give them away, if I do the new system I will need to think about that! ;)
I love when people share. :)

I heard some Irish airline is offering crazy low fares to Boston. I'll pick u up Simon ;)

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Khaki’s.... If its this hot the weekend we all meet up I’ll need to figure out where to hide frags in my speedo... And before anyone else jumps on it yes, I know It’s only a frag! LoL

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Khaki’s.... If its this hot the weekend we all meet up I’ll need to figure out where to hide frags in my speedo... And before anyone else jumps on it yes, I know It’s only a frag! LoL

Bring your r2r lunch box from KoR!! Ha!

I did say we can run through a sprinkler if needed.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back