NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But this says you were on the thread??
6465C68F-3B66-4347-9969-BB90ECE334E4.png
Because he was on the link, but he only sees the Oops! page because he does not have permission.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder why I have permission. I posted a comment in it. Still thinking glitch maybe.
Yeah, the site has a lot of glitches. More than any other site I know and no one really cares.

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i'm sorry NY,hope is a glitch,i give up ,so sorry ,will,check tomorrow,best wishes

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the site has a lot of glitches. More than any other site I know and no one really cares.
I’ll get someone to have a look at it Brian, see if they can sort it out.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Hello,

The thread you’re referring to was moved to the coronavirus forum. You can opt in to seeing that forum here by selecting it from the list: https://www.reef2reef.com/account/join-user-groups

I’m also sorry you and others feel R2R is full of glitches. I take great pride in making sure the site runs as smooth and as quick as possible so please let me know when you have an issues so I can try and get it fixed ASAP!! :)

Thank you!

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

The thread you’re referring to was moved to the coronavirus forum. You can opt in to seeing that forum here by selecting it from the list: https://www.reef2reef.com/account/join-user-groups

I’m also sorry you and others feel R2R is full of glitches. I take great pride in making sure the site runs as smooth and as quick as possible so please let me know when you have an issues so I can try and get it fixed ASAP!! :)

Thank you!

So basically people need to opt in to see one of the most well documented journeys because it is covid 19 caused but doesn't talk about the virus really?
Way to gag positivity!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So basically people need to opt in to see one of the most well documented journeys because it is covid 19 caused but doesn't talk about the virus really?
Way to gag positivity!

Are we talking about the same thread? The NY Napping Thread?

We had dissension on whether to allow Covid threads or not since this forum is about saltwater aquariums. In order to be able to accommodate those who wished to discuss Covid we created them their own forum and allowed any member to join if they wished.

Also that thread is full of coronavirus debate.

Instead of "gagging positivity" we were trying to make everyone happy. But alas it's impossible....

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

We had dissension on whether to allow Covid threads or not since this forum is about saltwater aquariums. In order to be able to accommodate those who wished to discuss Covid we created them their own forum and allowed any member to join if they wished.

Also that thread is full of coronavirus debate.

Instead of "gagging positivity" we were trying to make everyone happy. But alas it's impossible....
This is cavemans call..i must add epic thread.. i am not willing to go and give up my "build badge" i love that thread,cannot just remove particular posts!! to let all enjoy ?jmo,sorry caveman,my 2 cents ,for what it's worth;)thank you

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is cavemans call..i must add epic thread.. i am not willing to go and give up my "build badge" i love that thread,cannot just remove particular posts!! to let all enjoy ?jmo,sorry caveman,my 2 cents ,for what it's worth;)thank you

Hey there and thanks for the feedback. It's actually our call because we're trying to make this place acceptable for all. Also you don't have to give up your build thread badge. Join the forum and then re-add your build thread link in your profile and you'll have it! :)

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there and thanks for the feedback. It's actually our call because we're trying to make this place acceptable for all. Also you don't have to give up your build thread badge. Join the forum and then re-add your build thread link in your profile and you'll have it! :)
Rev is it possible instead of oops screen custom message on move like Thread moved please join group x here to view? Sure would make transition easier

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rev is it possible instead of oops screen custom message on move like Thread moved please join group x here to view? Sure would make transition easier
I'm not sure that screen is something we can customize, but we'll look into that possibility.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Ray. This was a very constructive suggestion. You brilliantly saw what was bothering me even when I did not see it as clearly. It really put it into perspective.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also that thread is full of coronavirus

@revhtree I wrote a long response to this and it really helped me sort out my thoughts. It was too much to post though, as I ended up taking a broader look at my life and why I always feel like I just do not fit in anywhere. In the end, I admit and accept my responsibility for that fact.

I just wanted to say I posted my thread in the Lounge. That is the place for non-saltwater themes. That is why that Forum category exists. Still my thread was moved to R2R purgatory. It is your private site and you own it. I have argued that in the past and I still believe it now. Nonetheless, it did not feel good to lose all trace of what I had created. It contributed to a growing feeling of what I mentioned above. Feeling out of place. A sensitivity, I suppose, that is within me. That is my own issue and I will not bore everyone with the details.

I am glad to have made the friends I made here and to discover Misfits like myself. Folks who I have become close to here and outside of R2R. In the end that is what is most important to me and I thank you and R2R for that.

No, I am not saying goodbye, just sharing my honest thoughts, for what it is worth.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh no!!! The pics are all gone? No please no. Those are the most organically beautiful pics of NY I have ever seen! They actually brought me serenity in a time of chaos. I'm not ranting, just a little heartbroken.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back