OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all, we love your longer updates. As readers...well duh. We like to read.
I tend to write more when I have a real keyboard in front of me. :)

Thank you!

Keyboard? I had almost forgotten! Mine is sitting next to my album collection, typewriter and rotary phone. LOL!

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You type that out with your thumbs!!!?
Chisel and hammer on slab of stone, he is a Caveman after all. :D

D2A5AEE8-27BD-482F-AB29-8E5D45BFC879.jpeg

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little algae isn't the end of the world. The only stuff I think needs an instant declaration of war are dinos.

I think you are right about that. Not panicking. There are only half a dozen snails in there so probably going to add a few more and continue some manual removal.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's GHA, banded trochus love the stuff. I unfortunately have a lot of BA at the moment which nothing I have eats. About to test the ReefHD on it after RAP.

Thanks! I do have some GHA starting. Found it yesterday hiding on the backside of a rock. Only have one Trochus right now. I think the Hermits got the other two. Definitely planning on adding more of them as they seem to be the CUC powerhouse in my tank. Nothing against the Ceriths I have, they just tend to do more at night when I notice less. I am a big fan of the Trochus/Cerith mix, especially in bare bottom and since they can right themselves.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's GHA, banded trochus love the stuff. I unfortunately have a lot of BA at the moment which nothing I have eats. About to test the ReefHD on it after RAP.

Have fun at RAP. I caught the NY one (well, NJ) for the first time. Brought my 10 year old daughter and we had a blast. Are you working at it this year or just browsing?

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RAP is fun! Surprisingly even the kids enjoy it. I know locally we have a college setup a touch tank with sharks and rays.

I work RAP with the club. We officially start tomorrow. By 7am friday I'll be working the floor. This year it seems I'm second in command for the show floor, which basically means I'm going to be wrangling club members into positions, and making sure the little problems are dealt with before they get escalated. Or at least escalate them to the right person.

9am friday i'll actually be helping daniel setup the R2R booth lol.

I told him I'd make sure to periodically put these on the R2R booth when he's not looking;

51IUtFn4LqL._SX425_.jpg

He thinks I'm kidding... :D

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping this tank thread though has been a great way for me to organize my thoughts and patiently consider what is happening in my system.

It is young and doing great, don't chase levels imo, observe and test if you want, as you said, don't over react to things, let the "system" develop and deal with the downs as well as any ups.
Every tank is a different "system", the live rock will be different (non live rock as well), different or even similar corals will have an effect, more or less algae, ... the list goes on and I won't include "methods / equipment" as I don't really understand them, I don't see the "point" was what i nearly said, need fits better, there are simpler ways, again imo, remember the nutrient shifts, Nitrates and Phosphates affect the corals as well!
Re the clown, it has the hosting instinct, a different nem is still a safe stinging home! ;)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back