likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Speaking of the subject lol have you heard anything new,
Have they shipped your new one yet?

Beacause I am experienced in this process :) I know that my warranty claim takes longer than usual because it is an upgrade to a more expensive aquarium and stand. I am staying patient. At this point, not much difference. I suppose I could have been angry throughout all this and belligerent, but I do not see how that would have changed anything.

The only aspect that was time sensitive was hoping to have the tank maturing by Reef-A-Palooza NY in three weeks. That ship sailed long ago and was totally arbitrary. I am still attending, but may end up feeling a little sad at what might have been when I see that perfect coral I wanted for cheap.

I started this build, my return to reefing, telling myself I would be patient. That I MUST be. I prepped the wife and kids that the tank may look like a box of rocks for months. Their support has been incredible. Honestly, spending months watching what crawls out the live rock sounds just about perfect to me. My kids already get excited for the worms and pods in the bucket of maturing rocks in the basement (about 1/3 of the final amount).

As soon as I get an update on the tank, I will update this thread. Thanks to all of you for your support. It is very helpful.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TIME IN: 8 Months
TIME WET: 5.5 Months

In waiting for my replacement tank to be delivered (firm date coming soon) I have written up a rough plan thinking about how I will proceed.

PLAN.JPG

Nothing is written in stone of course, but with so much to set up, and my desire to get moving immediately, it felt good to think about the order and plan around some family events. This is all assuming the new aquarium arrives in perfect condition (not a superstitious person, but knock, knock anyway).

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My aquarium is en route. It actually left LA, CA last week, but seems to have been stuck in AZ for a couple of days. It will go to their hub in CT and then the company will contact me to schedule the home freight delivery. This means it should come next week. I am becoming an expert in freight shipping, BTW.

I am being extra nice to everyone lately trying to bank some good Karma.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life can be funny sometimes. I have been tracking my new tank as it ships across the country. It had not been updated for a few days and I called the company. The truck broke down in Amarillo, TX. Ugh. I was nervous and anxious enough already on this, my third attempt at my new tank. Of course I am expecting the worst. Could it have been an accident? Could my tank have been damaged? My mind cannot help but speculate.

They did say it was expected at the hub in CT tomorrow. Remaining patient.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helloooo!!, Caveman

Feel really bad about the main display's and you sure are a patient human being.

Love all your detail and it's an great thread to learn from.

I'd love to tag along and thanks for sharing your adventure.

Freddie

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helloooo!!, Caveman

Feel really bad about the main display's and you sure are a patient human being.

Love all your detail and it's an great thread to learn from.

I'd love to tag along and thanks for sharing your adventure.

Freddie

Thanks Freddie! Glad you enjoyed the thread. Hopefully this week I get a new tank to fill. I am quite ready.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I strive to avoid drama in my life, but I enjoy writing dramatically. Thursday last week when I contacted the shipping company I realized they had an error in my phone number. I gave the woman my correct number and she said she recorded it. I was skeptical.

Today the shipping company never called to schedule the delivery. I finally called them. They had tried to call me, but they still had the wrong number. I corrected it again. Delivery is scheduled for 12-3pm tomorrow. Driver will call a half hour before :)

It is hard not to be excited after waiting for so long. The whole family is excited. With everything that has happened though, well, you know. I feel I am neither an optimist or a pessimist. In general I try to find good in people or situations, but my general philosophy regarding future events is this, “Expect the worst so in the worst case, you get what you expected. Anything better is a bonus.” Come on, bonus!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I strive to avoid drama in my life, but I enjoy writing dramatically. Thursday last week when I contacted the shipping company I realized they had an error in my phone number. I gave the woman my correct number and she said she recorded it. I was skeptical.

Today the shipping company never called to schedule the delivery. I finally called them. They had tried to call me, but they still had the wrong number. I corrected it again. Delivery is scheduled for 12-3pm tomorrow. Driver will call a half hour before :)

It is hard not to be excited after waiting for so long. The whole family is excited. With everything that has happened though, well, you know. I feel I am neither an optimist or a pessimist. In general I try to find good in people or situations, but my general philosophy regarding future events is this, “Expect the worst so in the worst case, you get what you expected. Anything better is a bonus.” Come on, bonus!

FWIW:

(lol)
I just said three Hail Mary's and spit over my left shoulder...

Pulling for ya... :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back