OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually got an FTS with all five fish in the picture. Can you find them all?
0D00D470-100B-413C-ADD3-D187E0A7BF45.jpeg

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually got an FTS with all five fish in the picture. Can you find them all?
0D00D470-100B-413C-ADD3-D187E0A7BF45.jpeg

That's a keeper.

I know how tough it is to ask all fish to come out to pose at the same time and say CHEESE and hold STILL.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks looking good! How are you nutrients now that the cardinels have been in awhile?

Funny you should ask. I have not tested anything but Alkalinity for a long while, but I am planning to test everything tonight.

Testing NO3 and PO4 just made me want to do things to the tank, so I stopped. However, I would still like to test occasionally since nutrients are probably very low.

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you should ask. I have not tested anything but Alkalinity for a long while, but I am planning to test everything tonight.

Testing NO3 and PO4 just made me want to do things to the tank, so I stopped. However, I would still like to test occasionally since nutrients are probably very low.

I 100% agree with that approach. My phosphate stays solid but my nitrate always tests 0 on my Nyos test kit and it makes me want to try and raise it!

Tanks looking good so either way you are doing something right!

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 100% agree with that approach. My phosphate stays solid but my nitrate always tests 0 on my Nyos test kit and it makes me want to try and raise it!

Tanks looking good so either way you are doing something right!

Every time I have tried dosing Phosphate or Nitrate when low, even in tiny amounts, it has led to algae, so I feel like my tank is telling me it has just enough.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the new additions. Wish I could have made it to Manhattan. Always enjoy the daughters videos

Thanks man! Wish you could have come too. It was perfect. Made it there and back in 90 minutes. The city was dead and the store was empty. I really love that shop. They always have a ton of stock. Corals, fish, inverts, everything. The prices are just nuts for Manhattan. We got the Spotcinctus Clownfish, an Emerald Crab and some LRS frozen food all for under $50.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is great prices for the area!
Saturday, Sunday, and Monday I will be at javits center for boat show move in and still won’t get to go. Then the following week I’ll be back for move out and again I’ll get shafted.

Maybe it’s better so I don’t drool over stuff I can’t have yet lol.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is great prices for the area!
Saturday, Sunday, and Monday I will be at javits center for boat show move in and still won’t get to go. Then the following week I’ll be back for move out and again I’ll get shafted.

Maybe it’s better so I don’t drool over stuff I can’t have yet lol.

The shop is one half block from the entrance of Javits.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My skin is very sensitive and I have several allergies. I knew when I returned to saltwater this below would happen again. In the winter, when the heat runs, it gets much worse. This was the effect of saltwater 24 hours after a day of tank cleaning, a water change and acclimating new livestock.
6ECC06E2-FCC9-43BE-92E9-5B5DC58CBD3D.jpeg

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My skin is very sensitive and I have several allergies. I knew when I returned to saltwater this below would happen again. In the winter, when the heat runs, it gets much worse. This was the effect of saltwater 24 hours after a day of tank cleaning, a water change and acclimating new livestock.
6ECC06E2-FCC9-43BE-92E9-5B5DC58CBD3D.jpeg

Wow, salt water seems to be life threatening. Would the use of latex gloves not reduce these effects?

I am still in love with the new clown fish. My favourite was always the pink skunk, but you got me doubting.
I hope he soon gets to his new host.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, salt water seems to be life threatening. Would the use of latex gloves not reduce these effects?

I am still in love with the new clown fish. My favourite was always the pink skunk, but you got me doubting.
I hope he soon gets to his new host.

I usually wear gloves for everything, but not always water changes. I may need to rethink that.

Back