NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what size tank they needed

Never owned any. I believe 70 is a typical minimum, but since you would want to have a few, perhaps more like 120.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say this, if I ever move, I will go bigger. The question is how big. Big enough for an H. magnifica anemone. Anthias would be nice.

You have to keep your tank also. I like small med and large tanks they all have there uniqueness

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to keep your tank also. I like small med and large tanks they all have there uniqueness

I think what I really would like is a 120 gallon long reef and a 90 gallon anemone cube. I do prefer 2-3 tanks with different themes to one enormous tank.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally caught up !! tank looking good. I have something similar with my hands every time I frag some corals. the skin starts to peal from my finger tips. I also have many allergies.

LOL, we are special reefers. Most are. You have to be nuts to want to set up the ocean in a residence anyway, so it makes sense.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cannot help myself

6D08A131-68EF-4741-B437-DD284756ADB4.jpeg

F2A72777-9754-4E2C-88F4-F719FB097EE0.jpeg

Those are great photos of an exciting time! I’m happy for you!

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mentioned I picked up some LRS Reef Frenzy for the first time this weekend. I put it in the freezer in the garage with the rest of the frozen fish food. I went to get some Monday and it was goo. We have had such a mild winter, I forgot that the freezer does not freeze when the temperature drops too low.

I had to toss the mysis and squid that were in there (I had some cubes in the kitchen freezer too fortunately). The critters are getting a real treat though. I have been feeding the LRS every other day this week to use up what I can before it spoils. I figure it should be okay for a week thawed and cold in the fridge after defrosting.

As a PSA, if anyone else has a refrigerator in the garage, remember the fridge part feeds cold air to the freezer. If it is so cold the fridge compressor is not running, your freezer will not be cold enough to freeze.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mentioned I picked up some LRS Reef Frenzy for the first time this weekend. I put it in the freezer in the garage with the rest of the frozen fish food. I went to get some Monday and it was goo. We have had such a mild winter, I forgot that the freezer does not freeze when the temperature drops too low.

I had to toss the mysis and squid that were in there (I had some cubes in the kitchen freezer too fortunately). The critters are getting a real treat though. I have been feeding the LRS every other day this week to use up what I can before it spoils. I figure it should be okay for a week thawed and cold in the fridge after defrosting.

As a PSA, if anyone else has a refrigerator in the garage, remember the fridge part feeds cold air to the freezer. If it is so cold the fridge compressor is not running, your freezer will not be cold enough to freeze.

Is the beer still ok?

d2565652049f7facb106fb5d721eb2f4.gif

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

[/QUOTE]
Great, mines in the garage...I guess I better check it when I get home.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have something similar with my hands every time I frag some corals. the skin starts to peal from my lips.
Stop kissing the corals:rolleyes:...At least I didn't change Frag to shag...OK I'll stop.

Nice clown and nem Caveman, I know the feeling one of my clowns finally found the nem. He tried out just about every torch mushroom and anything soft.
I get get dry skin bad on the legs, arms and hands in the winter. hydrocortisone when its bad once a week then its Intensive repair formula, Whatever is cheapest...Doc says that stuff really only creates a barrier to keep moisture in.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to stop by more often.. took me an hour to catch up ;Facepalm Tank is looking great! Love the new clown and nem pictures :) I have a special shelf for beer in my fridge also ;Hilarious

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a special shelf for beer in my fridge also ;Hilarious

When we remodeled the kitchen I convinced my wife we should keep the old refrigerator. I think she knew it was mostly for beer. Sadly, it did not fit through any basement doors and had to stay in the garage, hence we only have a freezer there for about 8 months of the year.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back