I received a box of rocks today.

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss of Nemo. Having just had Murphy muck with me i feel your pain. This hobby gives so much enjoyment when things are rolling right and a lot of dismay on days like yours.
Heres to a lot more of the good days than the bad as tanks mature and knowledge increases.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You and @WallyB were talking about your mag feeder and I wanted to make you aware of the mag unit that Stratos at printed3d.parts makes. I was the one that got him to make something that would work with different holders. I am using it with a clip right now while I wait for the nori pouches BRS sells. The magnets are completely sealed in plastic and work great. I have a bunch of his stuff including the eggcrate frag rack holders.

P3DP-Clip.jpg

You can see and order the magnet part HERE. And I have ordered the 2 little fishes replacement pouches from BRS HERE . I think the magnet would work with the holder you have as well :)

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your rough day.
The only thing I can say on the positive side, is if the clownfish was going to die anyway...... it's worse to watch them suffer. Especially for the kids....

And to cheer you up.....

I took my kids today to Orthodontist. His secretary has a bulletin board that they change each month or so.
Just cards, funnies, poems....Always a theme........ like Thanksgiving/Halloween this time.

Took this photo of a good one.

44914252044_d4381f4901_z.jpg

Got a chuckle out of it. :)

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the kind words. It was a bit of a downer of a day, but for me and my night shift, it is now a fresh, new day.

To change the subject to something more positive I note that the 1,000th post milestone was hit! That was fast. Very fast. In fact I am barely prepared for it. 100 posts in 5 days. Wow. So without further adieu....

Last edited:
OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations @IgnatiusRath ! You have won Caveman’s Tank Thread RAOK 1,000th Post Super Secret Happy Giveaway Contest!

As the 1,000th poster I offer you to pick one of the following items that I will ship to you for FREE! My way to say thank you and give a little back to this incredible community.

Your choices:

1 Hanna HI758 Calcium Checker
(used in box, works well)

2 Hanna HI98100 pH Probe
(new in box, 0.01 accuracy)

3 Eheim 100 Watt heater
(new in box)

4 Cobalt Neo-Therm 75 Watt heater
(used for one month in freshwater and works well)

Make your choice in this thread and I will send you a personal message with all the information.

Thank you to everyone who has supported this thread for 50 pages! I wish I could send something to everyone, but when one reefer wins, we all win!

Stay tuned for more exciting news about the build thread expansion!

EDIT: I will present the expansion details just after midnight tonight!

Last edited:

IgnatiusRath

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations @IgnatiusRath ! You have won Caveman’s Tank Thread ROAK 1,000th Post Super Secret Happy Giveaway Contest!

As the 1,000th poster I offer you to pick one of the following items that I will ship to you for FREE! My way to say thank you and give a little back to this incredible community.

Your choices:

1 Hanna HI758 Calcium Checker
(used in box, works well)

2 Hanna HI98100 pH Probe
(new in box, 0.01 accuracy)

3 Eheim 100 Watt heater
(new in box)

4 Cobalt Neo-Therm 75 Watt heater
(used for one month in freshwater and works well)

Make your choice in this thread and I will send you a personal message with all the information.

Thank you to everyone who has supported this thread for 50 pages! I wish I could send something to everyone, but when one reefer wins, we all win!

Stay tuned for more exciting news about the build thread expansion!

EDIT: I will present the expansion details just after midnight tonight!

Thank you so much! Totally made my day! I didn't realize at all that I hit post 1,000 (although I knew we were getting close and was looking forward to the surprise). I PM'd you back with the info, but just so everyone else can know what I picked, the Hannah pH probe would be great.

This makes about the nicest welcome I've ever gotten on the internet :D

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is great @IgnatiusRath ! Thanks for playing.

The rest of you still have a chance for some free loot. I will be continuing to celebrate 1,000 posts by offering the rest of the equipment listed in a site wide RAOK offering (RAOK = random act of kindness).

I will post that at 9am sharp tomorrow, Halloween! Be on the lookout if you want to play. You can only take one item.

Thanks again to everyone making this thread awesome!

Last edited:

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You and @WallyB were talking about your mag feeder and I wanted to make you aware of the mag unit that Stratos at printed3d.parts makes. I was the one that got him to make something that would work with different holders. I am using it with a clip right now while I wait for the nori pouches BRS sells. The magnets are completely sealed in plastic and work great. I have a bunch of his stuff including the eggcrate frag rack holders.

P3DP-Clip.jpg

You can see and order the magnet part HERE. And I have ordered the 2 little fishes replacement pouches from BRS HERE . I think the magnet would work with the holder you have as well :)
Interesting idea. I have some left over mesh material from making my Tank Top Net (to make a similar pouch).

BTW. When I posted that warning about the Gourmet Nori Feeder (that they rust). I emailed (today) the manufacturer this photo of my two that rusted.
45591679362_0e0ef19a33_z.jpg

My letter said...."have they improved their design and what could they do for me"
They replied back quickly saying new version is epoxy sealed, so no longer an issue, and they will be mailing me one replacement FOR FREE.
That's good customer service (even if something goes wrong with product).

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

P3DP-Clip.jpg

Thanks @Fudsey ! I have several of their products including cuvette holders and a probe holder. Great stuff!

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As this thread has grown large it has become difficult to manage. Especially for a guy like me who thrives on organization. If you looked at Post 1 in this thread, you could see some of this organization at work. But, that first post had become unmanageable. If I could start this thread over, I would do it differently. Since I cannot, I came up with this idea.

To better highlight the long term life of our reef, I have started a new thread to supplement this thread. The new thread will house tons of information and media and will exist as a companion to this main thread. You can see it here:

Caveman’s Ancillary Thread

That thread will not be for posting and conversations, but I will link to content there and there will be links to return here. I was not exactly all ready for this (the last hundred posts came super fast), but it is ready enough. I will now begin the process of fully incorporating the two threads. The first post of this thread will change a bit and much of that information will live in the new thread.

The new thread is just being constructed and it is and will continue to be a work in progress. There is some good content there now and it should continue to grow over time with the tank. Thanks again to everyone following along and happy reefing!

Last edited:
Back