OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know I just got a pair of hawks and having pairs adds another layer of interest to the tank. But I do think it helps fish lead happier lives.

You are going to have a very happy, new tank soon. I hope :)

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing how much Picasso is coming out.
I had one and hardly saw him.
He might still be in the tank, but haven't seen him in ages.

He was out again this morning in the back. Not a great picture, but here he is next to the Jedi Mind Trick.
CBF85C5E-F787-47BE-81F8-3752C4BE4731.jpeg

iPhone 7 with amber filter and Photoshop.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know I just got a pair of hawks and having pairs adds another layer of interest to the tank. But I do think it helps fish lead happier lives.

Yep, pairs of hawkfish tend to be extremely interactive!
Yes! I just realized I missed an opportunity and I am re examining my fish wish list to make room for more pairs.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How you like the PJ’s? I had them on my mind for a few months. I want a skool that will spend time high in my tank in the open waters and they seem like a nice option.
There shape is way different then the other fish on my list

See what I’m looking for? A balance of shapes,sizes, and color also want to balance the open water with the rock area. Kinda rule of thirds. Originally was thinking Anthias but not sure I want to deal with them.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How you like the PJ’s? I had them on my mind for a few months. I want a skool that will spend time high in my tank in the open waters and they seem like a nice option.
There shape is way different then the other fish on my list

See what I’m looking for? A balance of shapes,sizes, and color also want to balance the open water with the rock area. Kinda rule of thirds. Originally was thinking Anthias but not sure I want to deal with them.

The PJs tend to stick together, especially if they are spooked. Like freshwater tetras, they at least always know where each other are. They are always out and about, but tend to stay toward the back and top left, right in the heaviest wake of the gyre. It is likely the Midas Blenny has corralled them to this area. He has claimed the prime spot in the front of the tank and the Clownfish and anemone have the right side.

The fish themselves are interesting looking, but mostly they just hover around slowly. There colors are nice and warm with the yellow and the red spots. In a way they are boring, but in a way they are always there to give a nice full fish look to the tank. I can say I am glad I added them. One of the trio has gotten much larger. He is clearly at the top of the hierarchy and will sometimes “manage” the other two to keep them where he likes them. The smaller ones have barely grown (but are eating well).

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PJs tend to stick together, especially if they are spooked. Like freshwater tetras, they at least always know where each other are. They are always out and about, but tend to stay toward the back and top left, right in the heaviest wake of the gyre. It is likely the Midas Blenny has corralled them to this area. He has claimed the prime spot in the front of the tank and the Clownfish and anemone have the right side.

The fish themselves are interesting looking, but mostly they just hover around slowly. There colors are nice and warm with the yellow and the red spots. In a way they are boring, but in a way they are always there to give a nice full fish look to the tank. I can say I am glad I added them. One of the trio has gotten much larger. He is clearly at the top of the hierarchy and will sometimes “manage” the other two to keep them where he likes them. The smaller ones have barely grown (but are eating well).

Anytime I see them at the store they are back left lol

They sound exactly what I’m looking for. The boring is a pleasant balance. I think them being slow movers and hanging out will look nice with my lower rock work. would be cool to have 5 but that is a lot of other fish spots hmm

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anytime I see them at the store they are back left lol

They sound exactly what I’m looking for. The boring is a pleasant balance. I think them being slow movers and hanging out will look nice with my lower rock work. would be cool to have 5 but that is a lot of other fish spots hmm

Three has worked well for me. They only get about 3”, so 5 may work for you. More poop to feed corals.

Back