I received a box of rocks today.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! Already too late. They are so mature I just go with it. It makes it more fun for all of us.
Hey buddy!
Hows your nem doing? Mine was doing so good in my buddy's tank that I decided its better off with him. With me going to primarily SPS I didnt want to risk it stinging expensive coral. But at least I know it went to a good home :)

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the NYC reef scene? Is it a city folk hobby? Lots of LFS?
It is a popular hobby here and there are many LFS in Manhattan and the boroughs. I have several very good options around me. There is not much of a scene though. I was kind of surprised there was no major reef club in the city, but maybe I am missing something.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I am the one that should get to pat y'all down, after all, I'm a trained professional;)
Okay, but I should warn you, I go out of my way to make people uncomfortable when they pat me down.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a popular hobby here and there are many LFS in Manhattan and the boroughs. I have several very good options around me. There is not much of a scene though. I was kind of surprised there was no major reef club in the city, but maybe I am missing something.
I could be way out in left field here but i wonder if the manhattan proper scene is mostly profesional service accounts vs. the typical hobiest?

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could be way out in left field here but i wonder if the manhattan proper scene is mostly profesional service accounts vs. the typical hobiest?
The few reefers I know are like us, but there is definitely some of that too. Most of the shops I frequent do service and they all say business is booming.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The few reefers I know are like us, but there is definitely some of that too. Most of the shops I frequent do service and they all say business is booming.
You and @Crabby48 should catch up with @Sabellafella

Pretty sure he's on Staten Island with POTO.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have followed him since I came to R2R, but have not met him in person yet. He has some amazing pieces for sure.
If i lived in that neck of the woods and could spend one afternoon picking someones brain on keeping SPS it would be his! He's probably sick of me tagging him but its totally out of respect for his skill!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Can I plan a trip down for an NYC lfs tour?

I want the full experience, and I'll be sure to be covered in red sox gear.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.0%
Back