I received a box of rocks today.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I picked up the same coral on Friday. :)

DSC09083 (1024x768).jpg

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Observant reefers will notice one of my new corals came with a hitchhiker. I am referring to the Tubbs Stellata. I have circled the hitchhiker in question in these images.

FFD1.jpeg

Untitled.jpg

Pretty excited for a coral hitchhiker. Looks like a Monitpora. Maybe an orange or peach digitata? I first thought maybe a setosa, but the polyps look more digitata. Going to inspect it closer when I mount the main coral. I will be keeping an eye on it.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Observant reefers will notice one of my new corals came with a hitchhiker. I am referring to the Tubbs Stellata. I have circled the hitchhiker in question in these images.

FFD1.jpeg

Untitled.jpg

Pretty excited for a coral hitchhiker. Looks like a Monitpora. Maybe an orange or peach digitata? I first thought maybe a setosa, but the polyps look more digitata. Going to inspect it closer when I mount the main coral. I will be keeping an eye on it.

Gotta love a coral hitchhiker! I can't help much on the ID other than it will be a nice addition to your tank :)

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta love a coral hitchhiker! I can't help much on the ID other than it will be a nice addition to your tank :)
Whatever it is it obviously grew fast in their frag tank. Maybe I should start a guessing contest and give it to the winner.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever it is it obviously grew fast in their frag tank. Maybe I should start a guessing contest and give it to the winner.

You might be able to get an ID from the seller, they might know what was growing into to, but I like the giveaway idea!

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be able to get an ID from the seller, they might know what was growing into to, but I like the giveaway idea!
I considered this, but I want to be surprised. I guess I should find out. Be great it it was some $200 coral, but no coral that pricey grows that fast.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the Reef God's way of saying you need more coral!
Let's drop a bomb of color in there!
I agree. I have what I want now and want to just let that grow for a while. In time, it will be clear where the “holes” are and those will be filled with warmer colors in some choice spots.

DiscGolfRob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I did something totally dumb. Forgot to turn my ATO back on Friday. I was out most of yesterday, so almost 48 hours without topping off. Discovered it this morning and slowly added RO/DI over the day. Sometimes I wonder if I should even have a tank. A few snails died, but everything else is looking well. Corals seem fine, but I will watch closely over the next couple of days.

#honestyinreefing

You show on here, every day, why you should have a tank. Including your willingness to embrace #honestyinreefing. No matter how much we don't want them to, mistakes happen. It's all about the bounceback. Everything is looking great!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back