I received a box of rocks today.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite. I am thinking of posting a thread about the experience. You know, to make this more like Facebook ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
It must be a bizarre experience to be there Brian. Ive been to New York a few time’s, an amazing city and just buzzing.

I actually got mistaken for a Police Officer you know. I had a blue jacket on and one of the NYPD wool hats on which you can buy from the local tourist shops. I’m 6 4 and a lady came up to me and asked me the way to 5th Avenue! Lol

i remember going to a steak house called Gallagher's were they served aged steaks, absolutely gorgeous, although they looked ‘grey/green’ when hanging up.

Keep safe Brian

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that last photo you can see the fancy Citigroup branch in the back left. The one with the cubicles that look like powerheads ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
I remember them. Miss ya bud

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to read a thread about your experience. It is crazy. What time dis you take those photos?
5am for those pictures. I know it is early, but there are usually delivery trucks, police and lots of yellow cabs at that hour. Also runners and people coming in to work.

Last edited:

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5am for those pictures. I know it is early, but their are usually delivery trucks, police and lots of yellow cabs at that hour. Also runners and people coming in to work.
U must have fallen back in love with your commute again... to an extent. Sort of. ;)

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is like a time every day I have the city all to myself.
I had a feeling and could just picture u, hands in pockets, casually strolling .. ya know, aaaactually looking around and just breathing. Cheers bub. :)

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love your giant RBTAs. Remind me- you got a pretty small one that split?

Mine recently split and the daughter moved to where I originally placed the parental unit. But the original is now hiding under the overhang poking her head out of a gap in the arch (designed as a vertical swim thru) so I only get to see her when I do a pumps off top down view. I'm hoping she looks for better pastures at some point

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love your giant RBTAs. Remind me- you got a pretty small one that split?

Mine recently split and the daughter moved to where I originally placed the parental unit. But the original is now hiding under the overhang poking her head out of a gap in the arch (designed as a vertical swim thru) so I only get to see her when I do a pumps off top down view. I'm hoping she looks for better pastures at some point
Yes, mine was small when I got it, a split from a fellow reefer here on R2R in August 2018. By the time it split a couple of months ago, that BTA was easily the diameter of a dinner plate when fully extended. I would estimate the original is about 75% of his size before the split and the clone is about half the size of the original before the split.

That is pretty funny your clone moved after the split to the original spot. I am surprised your original BTA never left that obstructed spot. Like I said before, anemones are weird!

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, mine was small when I got it, a split from a fellow reefer here on R2R in August 2018. By the time it split a couple of months ago, that BTA was easily the diameter of a dinner plate when fully extended. I would estimate the original is about 75% of his size before the split and the clone is about half the size of the original before the split.

That is pretty funny your clone moved after the split to the original spot. I am surprised your original BTA never left that obstructed spot. Like I said before, anemones are weird!
Yeah, just hanging out in the cave stretching toward the light
IMG_2019.JPG
IMG_2020.JPG

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite. I am thinking of posting a thread about the experience. You know, to make this more like Facebook ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
Yeah, I’m quoting myself :p For anyone that missed it, I did start a thread.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this link today (bottom). Good site for virus data. I enjoy me some statistics as you all know. The link is set to US. It updates all throughout the day. It is crazy there will be 10,000 dead in NY by this weekend (more than three times 9/11). Almost half of US deaths.

As of this moment, 3.5% of reported US cases have died. 4.7% of NY cases. The death rate worldwide is 6.1%. This is no flu people. Stay safe for everyone around you!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this link today (bottom). Good site for virus data. I enjoy me some statistics as you all know. The link is set to US. It updates all throughout the day. It is crazy there will be 10,000 dead in NY by this weekend (more than three times 9/11). Almost half of US deaths.

As of this moment, 3.5% of reported US cases have died. 4.7% of NY cases. The death rate worldwide is 6.1%. This is no flu people. Stay safe for everyone around you!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
We look at that particular website everyday. My wife is an icu charge nurse in a unit that’s solely devoted to covid-19 patients right now. It’s not nearly as bad here as it is in NY but it’s bad enough. You are exactly right, this is no flu. Stay home as much as you can and be safe for your family and everyone else around you.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We look at that particular website everyday. My wife is an icu charge nurse in a unit that’s solely devoted to covid-19 patients right now. It’s not nearly as bad here as it is in NY but it’s bad enough. You are exactly right, this is no flu. Stay home as much as you can and be safe for your family and everyone else around you.
Not as much activity in our part of eastern Washington yet...probably due to the compliance with restricted travel. Do see quite a few RV parks full of people though who might have left the city at the early stages of the pandemic. Now they are stuck in an area with less resources and empty hospitals. One local hospital has only three patients and they are laying off doctors and nurses...seems like the wrong way to provide health care to limit care to only possible Covid 19 patients. There will be many deaths attributed to the closure of normal health care channels due to the disjointed response to this crisis. No one is tracking the deaths of those not tested positive but die by whatever cause during this time. I feel the will be many deaths due to loss of access to health care that will just be swept under the rug. Going on in NY now as 799 Covid deaths reported yet the death toll for the same period is closer to 1200 people with no determination as to cause of death for those not tested. The other regional level 2 trauma center is less than 40% occupancy. Things that make you go what?

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bless her heart, from one ICU/PCU nurse to another.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back