I received a box of rocks today.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caveman, you have quite an amazing build thread! I wish I could comment on all bazillion pages! Cherish those precious kids. Before you know it they'll be 30 years old with their own kids!! I started my first reef tank when my boys were in high school...they all like it, but one of them LOVED it. He can't wait to start a reef tank with his own son, who is just a baby now. ;Joyful

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caveman, you have quite an amazing build thread! I wish I could comment on all bazillion pages! Cherish those precious kids. Before you know it they'll be 30 years old with their own kids!! I started my first reef tank when my boys were in high school...they all like it, but one of them LOVED it. He can't wait to start a reef tank with his own son, who is just a baby now. ;Joyful
Thanks Grammie! My kids love the tank, but they mostly just enjoy watching the critters. I try to sneak some subtle learning in here and there. Only real problem is whatever I try to name the Clownfish, they still call them all Nemo ;Hilarious

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Grammie! My kids love the tank, but they mostly just enjoy watching the critters. I try to sneak some subtle learning in here and there. Only real problem is whatever I try to name the Clownfish, they still call them all Nemo ;Hilarious

My boys always loved to watch my pistol shrimp/goby combo, which really hit home with them they saw the Animal Planet episode featuring symbiotic relationships. I had explained the relationship to them (subtle learning), but when they saw it on Animal Planet (not-so-subtle learning), it was a different ballgame! It was so funny to hear them explaining the relationship to their friends after that episode. ;Joyful

My clownfish is still Baby Clown...12 years later! Everyone else who walks in the door calls him Nemo...:rolleyes:

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My boys always loved to watch my pistol shrimp/goby combo, which really hit home with them they saw the Animal Planet episode featuring symbiotic relationships. I had explained the relationship to them (subtle learning), but when they saw it on Animal Planet (not-so-subtle learning), it was a different ballgame! It was so funny to hear them explaining the relationship to their friends after that episode. ;Joyful

My clownfish is still Baby Clown...12 years later! Everyone else who walks in the door calls him Nemo...:rolleyes:
Ha! Love that. Always nice when TV confirms your parenting wisdom. Equally fulfilling when you see your kids utilizing the wisdom you have passed on.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops, my bad, sorry, wrong journal! ;)
Hope you had a great weekend! :)

DSC_0004 (1024x705).jpg

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting morning. The Male clown went into the original anemone today. It was the first time I had ever seen him in it. He had only ever gone in the clone.
(ambient light only)
EC41FCEC-CDA1-43B5-9D33-E2D3C5A94A5F.jpeg

the Female was sleeping in the clone when I saw it happen. Then the Male went over and played there while she slept. She never lets him in the clone when she is awake.
66B38282-1B8F-4D5B-9B79-CF99ED0AC0F2.jpeg

The Female later joined him in the original anemone. She let him stay in the anemone with her and they were both dancing around. I kept trying to get a good picture but whenever I got close they swam to the clone.
(blues just came on)
738D246A-2C3B-4B3B-869F-FD35A8E2D1D9.jpeg

I was wondering if the sudden change in behavior might mean they are ready to make some babies.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting morning. The Male clown went into the original anemone today. It was the first time I had ever seen him in it. He had only ever gone in the clone.
(ambient light only)
EC41FCEC-CDA1-43B5-9D33-E2D3C5A94A5F.jpeg

the Female was sleeping in the clone when I saw it happen. Then the Male went over and played there while she slept. She never lets him in the clone when she is awake.
66B38282-1B8F-4D5B-9B79-CF99ED0AC0F2.jpeg

The Female later joined him in the original anemone. She let him stay in the anemone with her and they were both dancing around. I kept trying to get a good picture but whenever I got close they swam to the clone.
(blues just came on)
738D246A-2C3B-4B3B-869F-FD35A8E2D1D9.jpeg

I was wondering if the sudden change in behavior might mean they are ready to make some babies.
Incredible

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt know what else to post the first one. Brian, congrats. Shes been alone long enough for sure! Warm fuzzy feeling! Musta been a great morning to watch that happening finally! ;Smug:D

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before you know it you will be passing cigars.
I find them both in the original anemone every morning when I get home now. Usually Big Mama is still sleeping and Little Man is swimming around. Every time I try to get a good picture, Little Man flies over to the clone anemone. Got a crappy one from the couch last morning though.
5B0C40A1-1974-485C-92AA-B28B6EB624BA.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back