I received a box of rocks today.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I subscribed just do I could see the pics. They really showed life and the beauty of ny.
@revhtree
I agree a screen, pointing to the new location would be better. a notification that it had been moved and why would have been fantastic.

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@revhtree I wrote a long response to this and it really helped me sort out my thoughts. It was too much to post though, as I ended up taking a broader look at my life and why I always feel like I just do not fit in anywhere. In the end, I admit and accept my responsibility for that fact.

I just wanted to say I posted my thread in the Lounge. That is the place for non-saltwater themes. That is why that Forum category exists. Still my thread was moved to R2R purgatory. It is your private site and you own it. I have argued that in the past and I still believe it now. Nonetheless, it did not feel good to lose all trace of what I had created. It contributed to a growing feeling of what I mentioned above. Feeling out of place. A sensitivity, I suppose, that is within me. That is my own issue and I will not bore everyone with the details.

I am glad to have made the friends I made here and to discover Misfits like myself. Folks who I have become close to here and outside of R2R. In the end that is what is most important to me and I thank you and R2R for that.

No, I am not saying goodbye, just sharing my honest thoughts, for what it is worth.
Hey @NY_Caveman, I'm reading this, and brother, it makes me sad to see you refer to yourself as a "misfit." I suggest the contrary. I believe you are a "GREAT FIT" here in our community, and I'm very sorry that you've ever thought anything else. I agree that you should have been notified when the thread was moved and given instructions for how you could see it. I definitely think that it was an unintentional oversight or perhaps the assumption that you already had access to the COVID forum that resulted in this mistake...but whatever the reason, I'm very sorry that it happened. As a staff, we do our best, but we do find we make mistakes, and we will learn from this one and try to do better. Please accept our apologies for the confusion this one caused. It wasn't our intention to cause any undue frustration, but that's exactly what happened and we will work on this. However, please don't think for a second that OUR mistake is a reflection on your place here at Reef2Reef. Man, I'm glad you're here, and I know there's TONS of people on here who share that thought. You're a great member of our community!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @NY_Caveman, I'm reading this, and brother, it makes me sad to see you refer to yourself as a "misfit." I suggest the contrary. I believe you are a "GREAT FIT" here in our community, and I'm very sorry that you've ever thought anything else. I agree that you should have been notified when the thread was moved and given instructions for how you could see it. I definitely think that it was an unintentional oversight or perhaps the assumption that you already had access to the COVID forum that resulted in this mistake...but whatever the reason, I'm very sorry that it happened. As a staff, we do our best, but we do find we make mistakes, and we will learn from this one and try to do better. Please accept our apologies for the confusion this one caused. It wasn't our intention to cause any undue frustration, but that's exactly what happened and we will work on this. However, please don't think for a second that OUR mistake is a reflection on your place here at Reef2Reef. Man, I'm glad you're here, and I know there's TONS of people on here who share that thought. You're a great member of our community!
I second this. @NY_Caveman you fit right in. You have helped many heck even encourged , aka, enabled me into a nem.
Helped fix cyanobacteria and just encourged me. Thats a friend in my book.

@Daniel@R2R @revhtree
We all make mistakes. Mistakes make us grow and advance. Brian's thread wasnt deleted and that speaks volumes. Thank you!

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we talking about the same thread? The NY Napping Thread?

We had dissension on whether to allow Covid threads or not since this forum is about saltwater aquariums. In order to be able to accommodate those who wished to discuss Covid we created them their own forum and allowed any member to join if they wished.

Also that thread is full of coronavirus debate.

Instead of "gagging positivity" we were trying to make everyone happy. But alas it's impossible....

An apology Sir I was not following I just caught up every now and again, there is a lot of covid talk, sorry.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I'm glad you're here, and I know there's TONS of people on here who share that thought. You're a great member of our community!
I wholeheartedly AGREE ! ! ! :D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love teleport quotes. So interdimensional.
@revhtree I wrote a long response to this and it really helped me sort out my thoughts. It was too much to post though, as I ended up taking a broader look at my life and why I always feel like I just do not fit in anywhere. In the end, I admit and accept my responsibility for that fact.

I just wanted to say I posted my thread in the Lounge. That is the place for non-saltwater themes. That is why that Forum category exists. Still my thread was moved to R2R purgatory. It is your private site and you own it. I have argued that in the past and I still believe it now. Nonetheless, it did not feel good to lose all trace of what I had created. It contributed to a growing feeling of what I mentioned above. Feeling out of place. A sensitivity, I suppose, that is within me. That is my own issue and I will not bore everyone with the details.

I am glad to have made the friends I made here and to discover Misfits like myself. Folks who I have become close to here and outside of R2R. In the end that is what is most important to me and I thank you and R2R for that.

No, I am not saying goodbye, just sharing my honest thoughts, for what it is worth.

Bro please accept my utmost apologies! When we move a thread there is supposed to be a note sent to the author and I’m not sure if you saw that or not or if it was even sent! No matter though because you highlight a weak point in this forum software we run. I am going to work with one of our developers to see if there is a better way.

I want you to know that you are not a misfit here. You are welcomed, wanted and loved, Yes loved! I would never, ever want to hurt you or anyone in this community. There was nothing you did wrong and the thread was not a bad thread. The mistake was made when we moved it by not contacting you.

Again please accept my apologies and know that you are very valuable as a human being and we care for you very much. If you ever need to talk to me I’m always ready and willing.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend!
14BCDCBA-0694-4812-9F2A-D2E02C6B5DAD.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nothing better than clowns in their anemone!

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caveman,

I'm very sorry you had to go through something unpleasant on this forum. I'm glad to see rev/other mods clarify the situation. I have thoroughly enjoyed following your thread, and especially your recent clown/nem pictures! Speaking of the land of misfit toys, this financial auditor isn 't liked by much of anyone in the work world. I have to come here to feel the love! ;Joyful

I hope you have a great day. :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back