I sent an ICP test for my 6 TDS RO water

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve sent an ICP for my RO water right after the membrane (6 TDS). The results honestly surprised me.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grr. I’m trying to share the link. What am I doing wrong? Lol

B6CCF1F8-0AB2-4F91-95F4-CDB5309E2ADD.png

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway, here’s the screenshot of my result:

Absolutely everything undetectable except for silicone. I really though I’d see some metals come up at 6ppm.

Probably explains why I get a diatom bloom when TDS shows higher than 0. I noticed that anion resins get depleted much more than cation resins. I also noticed that anion resins by themselves do not work compared to mixed resins.

D8AF9CD5-50DA-491A-AB56-93D2F4A3372C.jpeg

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway, here’s the screenshot of my result:

Absolutely everything undetectable except for silicone. I really though I’d see some metals come up at 6ppm.

Probably explains why I get a diatom bloom when TDS shows higher than 0. I noticed that anion resins get depleted much more than cation resins. I also noticed that anion resins by themselves do not work compared to mixed resins.

D8AF9CD5-50DA-491A-AB56-93D2F4A3372C.jpeg
Is that for r.o ? What is you tank reading for silicon? Are you saying you have 6 tds before the first d.i stage or is that out of your last d.i stage? Did you test from your storage container or directly from your production?

I just got some icp results back also. I use the 3 pro d.i system also, but I use a spectrapure silicate buster as a 4th d.i stage even with 2- 3tds before the first stage, I dont count totally on tds, tds can be misleading but extreme filtration can't be

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220820-194752_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220820-194752_Chrome.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that for r.o ? What is you tank reading for silicon? Are you saying you have 6 tds before the first d.i stage or is that out of your last d.i stage? Did you test from your storage container or directly from your production?

I just got some icp results back also. I use the 3 pro d.i system also, but I use a spectrapure silicate buster as a 4th d.i stage even with 2- 3tds before the first stage, I dont count totally on tds, tds can be misleading but extreme filtration can't be
Oh yeah, I remember we sent our ATI ICP at the same time.

I have tested my RO/DI before and I got all 0’s which is good. This time, I just tested the RO before any of the DI resins because I was curious.

I just use the ICP for the reef tank itself, but it comes with RO/DI testing included so I just test it as well for fun. Next time I do an ICP I want to test my tap water lol. My tap gives 160ppm.

I don’t use 6ppm TDS in my tank. I just tested it to satisfy my curiosity. :)

Oh, and my ICP results were all within range.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, I remember we sent our ATI ICP at the same time.

I have tested my RO/DI before and I got all 0’s which is good. This time, I just tested the RO before any of the DI resins because I was curious.

I just use the ICP for the reef tank itself, but it comes with RO/DI testing included so I just test it as well for fun. Next time I do an ICP I want to test my tap water lol. My tap gives 160ppm.

I don’t use 6ppm TDS in my tank. I just tested it to satisfy my curiosity. :)

Oh, and my ICP results were all within range.
Ok I see, nice im glad all was good, were ICP test mates! unfortunately I only got my 48g system back (all great #'s) my 120g must have got put off until next week.. hopefully not lost... I also tested r.o containers I have a 100g and a 65g r.o storage, the 65g came back all 0's :)

I sent my test off on a Friday afternoon I think Mondays are going to be better days to send out samples, it took 3 days to get to California overall ok turn around time.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I see, nice im glad all was good, were ICP test mates! unfortunately I only got my 48g system back (all great #'s) my 120g must have got put off until next week.. hopefully not lost... I also tested r.o containers I have a 100g and a 65g r.o storage, the 65g came back all 0's :)

I sent my test off on a Friday afternoon I think Mondays are going to be better days to send out samples, it took 3 days to get to California overall ok turn around time.
I sent mine Friday as well lol.

Sending it out on Thursday vs Friday yielded the same results for me: I get the results after 8 days. I’ll try sending out on Monday next time and see if it’s faster/slower.

Did California receive the sample for the 120 gal? They should have emailed you. I hope you get the results on Monday!

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent mine Friday as well lol.

Sending it out on Thursday vs Friday yielded the same results for me: I get the results after 8 days. I’ll try sending out on Monday next time and see if it’s faster/slower.

Did California receive the sample for the 120 gal? They should have emailed you. I hope you get the results on Monday!
Yeah they did, but its strange, honestly I hope I don't get addicted to icp testing, I just ordered a bunch of ATI supplements for adjustments and 2 more tests.... ;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back