I spent $800 and all i got was an $11.04 PVC pipe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

enveeRF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hang in there bud... it's the holidays, both vendors (BRS) and delivery guys (FedEx, UPS) are stressed. I shipped a coral package on Monday, and had to click through an army of warnings (Do not ship today, it's cyber Monday, packages might be late).... etc, etc, etc.

One thing for BRS, they will make it right no matter what.

OP
OP
Newb73

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To da! Looks like everything came at once.(except my tunze care magnet from a last minute order)..i think, i haven't inventoried every plumbing part but looks ok.

Like 3 days worth of orders got batched.

cc7e2f1a4cfb00b0f0f2d629dc338773.jpg

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a order with BRS on Black Friday,,, Radion X15 G4 light plus the mount,, Vectra M1 pump,, Vectra S1 pump,, 300w Colbolt heater,,, and a few tank maintenance items,,, Got the box today,, everything in it ,, except for the Vectra S1 pump,,, called BRS ,,, within 5 min after I hung up with them,,, had a tracking number sent to my E-mail ,,, that's about as good as it gets ,,,

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem with my place is it's a gated neighborhood - UPS, Fedex, etc., will all come through the gate to my house. USPS won't. A lot of online retailers use the "SurePost" option with UPS - which drops the parcel with local USPS for the 'last leg' of the delivery. USPS then leaves me a little note saying it wouldn't fit in the box outside the gate, please come down to the Post Office to pick it up! Very annoying. So I've paid a little extra for UPS My Choice Premium and have every SurePost delivery automatically upgraded to UPS Ground. It doesn't always work, sometimes they give it to USPS anyway, but it has helped a LOT.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem with my place is it's a gated neighborhood - UPS, Fedex, etc., will all come through the gate to my house. USPS won't. A lot of online retailers use the "SurePost" option with UPS - which drops the parcel with local USPS for the 'last leg' of the delivery. USPS then leaves me a little note saying it wouldn't fit in the box outside the gate, please come down to the Post Office to pick it up! Very annoying. So I've paid a little extra for UPS My Choice Premium and have every SurePost delivery automatically upgraded to UPS Ground. It doesn't always work, sometimes they give it to USPS anyway, but it has helped a LOT.

For what it's worth, only our economy shipping option ever utilizes surepost. The $4.99 flat rate or free upgraded are both straight UPS. :)

OP
OP
Newb73

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dry fitting seems im order as far as the parts. I do my cuts tomorrow

RobertP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed that UPS and the rest of the delivery drivers are getting VERY LAZY. They seem to be marking a lot of my packages delivered and then not bothering to actually deliver the package until the next day. Plus they never ring the doorbell or even knock when they deliver any more. Dont get me started on usps...those guys are the worst.

corey01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been getting that a lot lately with fedex and UPS. I spent 3 days chasing down a package that needed to be signed for. the driver would show up and not knock on the door at all but stick a "sorry we missed you" note to the door and leave. I signed the note put it back on and spent the day at home ready to sign whenever he might show up. well apparently missed him again as later I simply found another "missed" note on my door. ended up having to tell them to hold it at the center and go pick it up myself.
Im sure he was trying to be sneaky and get out of there. as I have 2 dogs who wont let anyone even close to the door without losing their minds. and not a peep from either of them.

just the most recent experience of many.

OP
OP
Newb73

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i think that's the issue.

Marking stuff delivered when it hasnt been.

Ive been having that problem to.

OP
OP
Newb73

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the left pump side partially done. No unions on the gate but i have a screw fit on pump and unions in each side of flow meter at least. Going to run a small stretch of soft plumbing between the hard so potential pump replacements with diff height etc can be readily swapped in or out. Not doing a manifold, i dont run UV and only one reactor which will have its own pump and flow meter.

Can't really run nitrate reactor off of main.

Easy enough to rebuild the bottom section if i ever change my mind.

74ebb63066ac19aa83c0bf63c87339e0.jpg

Last edited:

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been having stuff held at UPS location lately. It's ready to pick up as soon as it gets into town (usually before I'm even awake) and I have time before work to pick it up vs. waiting around for delivery or playing "tag" with the delivery man.

OP
OP
Newb73

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still only have about 60% of the stuff i bought put in.

Got my two main pumps installed so i now get variable flow out of each return head with flow meters.

Now i need a bigger sump, my undersized one gets loud when the flow on each meter goes over 500.

These are 1700gph pumps and my meters still don't go much over 500gph each and no water moves at less than 20%.

Im doing a 20% to 60% oscillation in alternating pattern for each main which helps the noise from my water fall style overflow down a bit.

More than 60% and she gets loud.

The increased flow has apparantly increased evaporation so my heater and ato are both working more.

Its been a fun few days.

b5e4e6f824f8111ca2e6ce11f5a5fae8.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back