I think I am done with Red Dragon pumps

IvanW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two 230’s running on my system, one is the main pump and the other on a closed loop. I have generally been extremely happy with them over the 5years that they have been on the system, except for when the controllers suddenly go out which has happened several times. On Friday I got home from work and both controllers were dead registering F1 faults. I have them both on GFI plugs and there was no indication that the power had gone out. To me this is a FLAW in this control unit that it does not have a fuse or breaker built in to prevent the whole thing blowing. This is not a cheap pump and it becomes even more expensive every time you have to replace a controller. They are almost forcing you to carry spare units at $400-500 a pop as this is not an off the shelf run of the mill unit. I was very fortunate that a member of our club had a spare controller otherwise I would have been out of luck till next week some time.
When I have needed to get a problem sorted out Scott from Royal Excluciv has always been most helpful and always provided me with great customer service but I can’t keep shelling out that kind of money to keep a pump running.
Together with the 2 from Friday this will be 5 controllers replaced…………I am not very happy.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way to just wire them to just run at constant velocity without the controller? ...not what you paid for, but maybe get some use out of them? Just curious.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao dcp been great to me, for basement pump and calcium reactor circ pump. No failures for 5 years out of either one

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Replacing a controller yearly seems excessive. Not having a controller that can fail is an advantage of a AC pump.

Back