I think i ghost fed too much for a cycle

VisibleClownage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started cycling a few weeks ago and at the time i didn't have shrimps and bottled ammonia isn't available to me, so i used flake food everyday for 5 days.
I stirred the gravel a bit and it was a complete fish food mayhem! There were red and yellow particles everywhere, so i let it sink and did a gravel vac.
Problem is, i sucked up close to none of all the stuff that is still down there... i tried again 2 times and still no help.
What should i do?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Literally this:

let all that stew and mix for thirty days, then do a complete rinsing of sand and all new water, no it doesn’t kill the filter bac since these materials stay wet as you clean them.

you don’t need bottle bac, only wait time. Nothing is bad or wrong here. You’re cycle is done on day thirty of this arrangement above, clean the system out and replace all water on day thirty and it’s cycled, what your test kits say doesn’t matter as this cleaning resets all the readings to new anyway, and the cycle bacteria remain ready even after cleaning.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This reef was done like yours above.

he didnt have to rip clean because he carefully fed, you are doing the rip clean above since it was over fed. But that won’t harm bacteria, it will feed them better.

that’s feed only, no bottle bac, reef in 30 days. No testing is needed for your cycle because the wait time has already been tested, every cycling chart. Cycling is not about reducing your wastewater to perfection, that’s the old way. New way = stew whatever you want, equalize everything with a full water change on day thirty skip testing. Guaranteed cycle.

Back