OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would leave them, might do more damage removing them.
Did you try super gluing the base?

I glued the base to the rock, but didn't take it back out to superglue as I figured it was better to just let it sit. Will it eventually come back together?

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have noticed a few actual dead polyps on the torch this morning. Completely brown and dead. Do I just leave these be or what? The rest seems to look a little less stressed than yesterday.

IMG_4364.JPG
Looks a lot better . Don't worry about the dead polyps keep your eye on the live one. Looks like he be just fine with a little care.;Nurse

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4373.JPG

Glued. Actually the skeleton looks much much better. Hopefully I didn't really kill it in the act. It was quite the messy ordeal lol

waybad41willys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friend of mine gave me a single head of a torch that about ¾ of the skeleton was crushed when she cut it I put it in my tank and it fell apart some was just a single hammer arm in the sand tank large so never really looked there surprise one day I noticed a quit healthy hammer never would have thought it would make it

Last edited:

jamiec266

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I glued the base to the rock, but didn't take it back out to superglue as I figured it was better to just let it sit. Will it eventually come back together?
Do u use normal super clue or coral glue. Dumb question probably lol

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears like it will be okay.

Everyone seems to jump to feeding coral as a solution, I wouldnt. Make sure your parameters are in check and stable. Leave the darn thing alone. Before you know it, all is well and you have a beautiful torch.

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I don't feel so stupid... went into the LFS today and told them about my stupidity and he laughed and said, "it must've been about a week ago right?" They had like 6 different people have the same thing happen from that batch, and even two of the employees had it happen when they got home.

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4645.JPG
what do y'all think? Looking pretty sad... still a chance it can pop back to life one day? I hate that it's just droopy and not flowing like a torch should be.

Back