I think I just took 5 years off my life!!!

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am working on the aquascape for my 180... I had a really nice piece built. While lowering it into the tank, one part I was holding snapped off and CRASH!!! The scape is destroyed, but thank God the tank didn't break!!! I think my heart rate reached 250 bpm... and I ran out of foul language to scream.. lol 2 weekends of work gone in a second.. ugghhhhh

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow! I'm sorry to hear about the near disaster and I'm glad that you and your tank are okay!

OP
OP
Jedi1199

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree.. After this near disaster, I am rethinking my plans for this tank. My original plan when I started looking for a larger tank was to find a 120 for a predator tank. I changed directions when I got this one as it is a "reef ready" setup.

I have been adding corals to my 55 over the last couple weeks and I am liking the direction this tank is heading.

I just purchased today a BioCube 32 that I think will make a beautiful nano reef.

All that said, I think I will go with my original plan and make the 180 a predator tank. They need the space and will make a magnificent showpiece to my home.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about putting something on the bottom to protect the glass as you build? Smaller sections and join them in the tank. Think about having to take it apart for any reason and plan accordingly.

OP
OP
Jedi1199

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about putting something on the bottom to protect the glass as you build? Smaller sections and join them in the tank. Think about having to take it apart for any reason and plan accordingly.

I repurposed a few of the smaller pieces into the 55. It created a huge amount of extra space to add corals to that tank. The setup I have, while not ideal compared to most other reef tanks, is sufficient to create the reef I had originally envisioned.

With the addition of the 32g nano, I think that will be all the reef I need. The 180 will be a fantastic pred tank. I have always loved triggers and lions so I think I will revert back to my initial instinct and head that direction with that larger tank.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back