I think im gonna try getting my wife to start buying me battle boxes as gifts!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

slayertx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... I'm not sure if anyone else ever has this feeling where when a anniversary or b day rolls around and there wife gets them stuff unrelated to reefing. My wife watches me watch thousands of hours of reefing related videos and stuff but never ever gets me reef gear.. So I asked her why just randomly today. She said it's because it's so complex and even though I watch a video over xyz item 20 times I some times buy something else. Also she knows if I want something... I'm gonna just buy it. ...Needless to say... I always end up with kinda ho hum gifts...So I thought.. what's something simple that will take little effort on her part and make me happy.. Random battle boxes showing up at my door! With that said I am willing to bet if Adam gets a email from our significant others he will make it super simple on them and take care of us.

Only thing I might suggest is maybe introducing $100 or $150 boxes that are just 3 or 4 corals that are 100% pot luck.

I don't know about ya'll but I would love for my wife to start buying me battlebox's vs anything else right now.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same problem over here. My wife finally decided to give me cash :)
It sounds a bit cold but the upside is that no matter what I buy with her cash gift, it was just enough money to cover it;) Makes it a whole lot easier on me than explaining a new toy popping up and then getting asked how much it costs.

Last edited:

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And for a small price Adam can also alter the receipt as well, LOL!!!

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer not getting reefing gifts, like your wife said it's such a complex hobby I wouldn't want anyone but me making decisions about what's going in my tank, I'd prefer the cash. But 100-150 battle boxes sounds great.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol okay but really what are they? I tried to google it and found tactical gear store

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As long as they don’t ship to Canada, my wallet is safer

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So... I'm not sure if anyone else ever has this feeling where when a anniversary or b day rolls around and there wife gets them stuff unrelated to reefing. My wife watches me watch thousands of hours of reefing related videos and stuff but never ever gets me reef gear.. So I asked her why just randomly today. She said it's because it's so complex and even though I watch a video over xyz item 20 times I some times buy something else. Also she knows if I want something... I'm gonna just buy it. ...Needless to say... I always end up with kinda ho hum gifts...So I thought.. what's something simple that will take little effort on her part and make me happy.. Random battle boxes showing up at my door! With that said I am willing to bet if Adam gets a email from our significant others he will make it super simple on them and take care of us.

Only thing I might suggest is maybe introducing $100 or $150 boxes that are just 3 or 4 corals that are 100% pot luck.

I don't know about ya'll but I would love for my wife to start buying me battlebox's vs anything else right now.

totally man. I do box gifts all the time and its a lot of fun. Warms my heart actually. There are some exceptionally cool significant others out there!

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. Been trying to work the fathers day angle. Didn't work so now trying the July bday angle. Do you send out robot spam? Can give you my wife's email so you can email her adds atleast 7 times a day. That may do the trick.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 64 85.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.0%
Back