I think I'm on to something. Am I crazy?

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fire shrimp that has been in my tank for 2 years now...So what you're saying is that dont just dose the tank?

I have 12 shrimp in my tank. I just did half the dose for a couple of days and it was fine. We have a 200g+ tank, though.

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did it make any difference for algaes?

It did a little. But I didn’t do it long enough I think. I was only trying to battle algae on glass. Which is why I started putting h2o2 on my magic erasers instead.

FishingLovingSons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome info @esther thank you! Yes naysayers; Magic Erasers are great for our hobby... have to find the generic original Magic Eraser though.

Most of you probably are thinking Mr Clean Magic Erasers- exactly what it sounds like; magic eraser plus Mr Clean cleaner. We have used the original Magic Erasers for as long as I can remember for FW.

Definitely dose H2O2 lightly at first; 1ml per 10gallons max. It’s good to use to Band-Aid your algae issue but will not eliminate the underlying issue obviously.

Thank again Esther!

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on this working on the glass long term? How many days did it last compared to not using it?

It looks like we can go about 5 days without needing to clean the glass when we usually have to do it about every 2-3 days.We’re gonna keep it up and see if it continues.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back