I think this is an Aiptasia but wanted to double check

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I was looking at my coral QT tank with a flash light after lights out and saw what I think is an aiptasia- I’ve had this pipe organ for almost a month in QT and I’m not sure how i missed this for so long but it appears to only open at night and is very quick to close up when I do anything around the tank which are both rather un aiptasia like behaviors. I have super glue on stand buy but wanted to get some more opinions.

ED364A4E-2E19-418B-AA40-03FA922B8583.jpeg

OP
OP
ZipAdeeZoa

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not an aiptasia. Likely a type of good filter feeder tube worm

Doesn’t appear to be Aiptasia. Looks like a tube worm.
Thanks for the replies! Not going to lie that was not the response I was expecting! It does not appear to have a calcified base or tube, the body looks very anemone like but I would definetly prefer it be a tube worm for obvious reasons! It sure doesn’t look like any of the other feather dusters I have. The tentacles are on strand and not a more complex structure like a feather dusters. I might bust out the macro lens and see if I can get a clearer close up after work tonight.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back