I think we should vote with a perk

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
I was thinking with all the amazing generosity this year with ss. Why don't we set up a vote for maybe best overall gift and maybe most thoughtful gift that was sent this year, and we as participants pitch in and get each of these winners something like a 50 gift card each to say thank you.

OP
OP
W

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
While I like the sentiment, some givers have more means than others. I assume most reefers are not “poor” for lack of a better way to put it as this isn’t a cheap hobby. At the same time there is likely a pretty wide scope of incomes.

That's why I didn't mention most expensive and included most thoughtful. I'm not on the privileged end by any means so would never think to win such a thing, but for the people that really put thought into it and went above and beyond I thought it would be a nice form of recognition. And a way to keep the fun rolling after Xmas. The gifts I ordered for my recipient haven't arrived to me yet so there's one person out there that's waiting for sure I know is getting a gift.

But back on topic hell I'm a chef so best gift could be something amazing home cooked. Or a second hand piece of equipment they had lying around that their person really needed. It isn't at all about money spent.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back