I thought this CSB anemone Died 6 months ago, can it be saved?

Razorp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can this CSB be saved? Long story short, I watched this poor anemone slowly shrivel down until one day it was just gone. (now this is in my office tank and i have 5 other anemones in there that look great). I did try to remove it once i noticed something was wrong, but my rocks are cemented and it would not let go no matter what trick i tried.

I just discovered him in the back of the tank attached to the sand bed, stretching up towards the light. I was able to get him and put him in this jar.

Has anyone ever had an anemone recover from this state? Would it be best to monitor it in this tank, or move it to my CSB only tank at home? This is honestly astonishing to me and now i have no clue what to do lol.

Yes, it is alive. It moves and foot attaches surprisingly quick. Mouth is tight and shut.

csb3.jpg csb2.jpg csb.jpg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have left it where it was probably. But yes, if it is alive and attaching, it can recover.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Razorp

Razorp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have left it where it was probably. But yes, if it is alive and attaching, it can recover.
The main reason I moved it was because it was only about 4 inches from the intake to my filter and only attached to sand. I know its made it this long, but while it was accessible i figured i would at least put it where it wouldn't get blown around and eventually find an intake or wave maker lol

Upvote 0

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will bring it home to the CSB only nem tank! Thank you!
You May consider that this csb may be affected by a toxin or bacteria from the other nems.

If it were me, I would not be bringing a sick CSB into a tank of healthy ones. If it contacted something bacterial, that is only affecting the csb, it could transfer that into the csb tank.

Upvote 0

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing since nem is very small and lacking tentacles , I’d feed it zooplankton so it can regain tentacles and zooxanthelle . I’ve been doing it to my baby nem and it likes it

Attachments

• 7CE0D8D2-9323-4E0B-8246-B097AAE1EAA0.jpeg
    7CE0D8D2-9323-4E0B-8246-B097AAE1EAA0.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 42
Upvote 0

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You May consider that this csb may be affected by a toxin or bacteria from the other nems.

If it were me, I would not be bringing a sick CSB into a tank of healthy ones. If it contacted something bacterial, that is only affecting the csb, it could transfer that into the csb tank.
Very true as well could be introducing other csb to bacterial infection

Upvote 0

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 134 59.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 80 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.1%
Back