I thought this was a mantis but after a good look it doesn’t seem to resemble one. Help!!

sukirohana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this rock from Tampa saltwater and heard you can get some pests. I hear the clicks and it has a burrowing system throughout the sand. After a good look and video it doesn’t look like one to me. Any ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5966.MP4
    36.8 MB
OP
OP
S

sukirohana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some screenshots

786A76A4-F17B-40EB-B7A9-2B3D0E1A7901.png C936FD5F-394A-4C93-A2BB-1AC9AB00B5FD.png DAA6263D-6997-429E-B51F-60BABA4C6235.png

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was think it's lobster :D
Aren't the lobsters actually Pistol shrimp @KJ ?
Just was looking images about

OP
OP
S

sukirohana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why not leave it in? give him a goby buddy and watch the fun symbiosis
Ok so I put my lemon goby in about a month ago and after a few days I never saw him again. Again I was convinced I had a mantis shrimp and just figured he got ahold of it. But now learning that gobys can pair, is it possible he could of gotten him??

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I put my lemon goby in about a month ago and after a few days I never saw him again. Again I was convinced I had a mantis shrimp and just figured he got ahold of it. But now learning that gobys can pair, is it possible he could of gotten him??

I don't think Lemon Gobies pair with pistol shrimps.

You'd need a shrimp goby, such as a hi-fin, yasha, watchman or something like those.

i also had a lemon goby at one point but he never ate anything and i slowly watched his stomach shrink until he died. metroplex and garlic didn't do anything :(

Never seen a healthy looking lemon goby at the LFS either, not sure if they aren't hardy or what.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%

Back