OP
OP
bmbpka

bmbpka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you maybe giving these SPS too much direct flow from what I can see in the video.

Oh good the video posted?! I couldn’t see it, it was blank. I hope it’s that simple!

I am going to move the power head up a bit so it isn’t directly in front. Fingers crossed, thank you.

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, yup. Waiting for a bottle of Phophate Rx in the mail. I used to run GFo in a reactor but it strips too quickly

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run carbon in a reactor for water polishing and regular water changes. Things only spike when I feed reef roids and feed heavy. Tank is 29 biocube, manually dose alk and calc. I've had po4 spike to almost .50 before with now real ill effects. Corals are all doing well.

Click here to see tank pics and videos

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, yup. Waiting for a bottle of Phophate Rx in the mail. I used to run GFo in a reactor but it strips too quickly
yeah phosphate can creep up on you especially if you feed frozen food and ESPECIALLY reef roids. Ive had simular issues and not had any deaths due to high phosphate.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that you have new lighting, I would wait a couple of months to see how things stabilize. You might have already fixed the problem.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a metal issue imo if your not starving them. Usually high lithium, aluminum, tin or such.

Last edited:

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m with the others. Toxic metal or something like chloramine (so ammonia) getting through RODI. Pocci is easy to keep, blasting it with flow isn’t ideal but certainly won’t cause tissue necrosis.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use 1/4-1/2 the amount. Don’t be afraid of GFO. GFO is your friend. Good friend only.

Btw OP I feel there’s contamination in your tank if you can’t keep even the basic SPS alive.

OP
OP
bmbpka

bmbpka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your RODI membrane.
Lots of times there could be the silent killer of your sps. Nitrates could be lowered, staying under 10ppm.

I actually just replaced all of filters and membranes Saturday night. See if there are any changes in the coming weeks.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah phosphate can creep up on you especially if you feed frozen food and ESPECIALLY reef roids. Ive had simular issues and not had any deaths due to high phosphate.

That hasn't been my experience. All I feed is frozen food as well as reef roids, and my PO4 runs between 0.02-0.06 ppm. All I run in my sump is a skimmer.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you concerned about 0.21 po4 if your corals look happy. Be careful with phosphate rx. The recommended dose will strip half of your po4 in 24 hours or less. I would do a couple drops at night for a week and retest a week later. Do you have a skimmer?

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any coralline algae growing? From the pics it looks like it.

You should start with something very hardy like a monti cap and see if you can get to grow out.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 58.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.4%
Back