I turned a Hydroponic Grow Tent into a Frag Tank

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have finally found a use for the unused port in my garage. The wife would not have any more tanks in the house so I thought this might work. It has been up and running for about 6 weeks. I created a quick video to show what I've done. The video is nothing fancy but it will give you an idea.

I need to do some wire and general cleanup but I'm really happy with how it's working so far. I'am going to be moving some nicer corals into the tank over the next couple weeks. I have a small frag tank in the house that is reaching max population.

Any questions let me know.

steveb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Much cheaper than building a room. Any concerns with heat during the summer months?

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I’ve turned a frag tank into a hydroponic grow lol. (Deepwater culture)

Have you tried a negative pressure centrifugal fan to exhaust the air? (Vortex being one of the best brands) Usually sufficient to correct any heat concerns in those tents from multiple 600- 1000w HPS and Halides. Even small AC units will usually pull at least 1000Watts.

OP
OP
sayitfast

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I’ve turned a frag tank into a hydroponic grow lol. (Deepwater culture)

Have you tried a negative pressure centrifugal fan to exhaust the air? (Vortex being one of the best brands) Usually sufficient to correct any heat concerns in those tents from multiple 600- 1000w HPS and Halides. Even small AC units will usually pull at least 1000Watts.

No heat problems right now... I do have good ventilation. Problem is I live in Arizona and the garage will get around 130 degrees in July. So I will add the AC unit.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back