I want a anemone tank. Here is my 10 gallon. Can someone help me get parameters how needed?

Jeremy Lain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I want a anemone tank. Here is my 10 gallon.
PlantFishTankReefTank.JPG

Can someone help me with water parameters. I have everything I need to get the anemone tank going. I need help doing it. I want to make everything how it needs to be and when I buy anemones everything is good.

I would like someone to help me get everything good, so when I buy anemones and get the anemones in the tank everything is good.

Water Parameters?
Lighting? PAR?
What food do anemones need?

cmoore806

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The usual advice is to have a tank that is a minimum of 6 months old with good stability. Anemones seem to prefer sticking to coralline, you don’t want to be dealing with algae issues or nutrient swings with something like an anemone.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like already mentioned anemones need a well established tank to thrive and even survive in most cases. I recommend 9 months if using dry rock.
While i have kept BTAs in a 12 callon tank it is pushing it. A healthy BTA will grow to pretty much fill the tank as they grow to 14" across. They require stable alkalinity 8-9 is a good safe range to aim for. Some phosphate and nitrates above 10 for best results. Nitrates are a food source for anemones.
Amemonies like a lot of light. Most cheap lights are not strong enough.

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d pick up a couple of clownfish of your choice and let them inhabit your tank for several months before trying an anemone.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back