I want to precisely dose Components A,B,C

Discussion in 'Aquaforest' started by Shigshwa, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Shigshwa

Shigshwa Well-Known Member

On the bottle, there are only generic instructions that tell me to add a certain amount once per week. Assuming that you would add these in equal components, how much do I add of say, Component A to raise the strontium and barium an x amount of ppm? Or would I have to add and then dial the dose in by ICP testing?

If the Aquaforest people could chime in, then if someone could tell me how much more concentrated the Components Strong line is compared to the Components A,B, and C line, then I could figure out about how much I would need.

Tags:

2. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

The components strong are for mixing the AF balling method 1+2+3+ and not to be dosed.
    I would suggest using the 2000ml A,B,C and use a doser and start with two ml twice a week and see how your system looks. I was doing this before I started using the 1+2+3+ and discontinued the A,B,C since the components are in the 1+2+3+

Ubergroover likes this.
  3. Anirban

Anirban Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

4. Shigshwa

Well, my LFS had Aquaforest for a ridiculous deal, so I bought a little bit of everything. I noticed that Components A, B, and C contained the same things as their Strong counterparts, so I would assume it's a diluted version. I currently use Components Strong in my Cal and Alk 2 part, and if the Components line is the same, then I could just use those while making 2 part when I run out of Components Strong.

jsker likes this.
  5. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

which amount did you get? 200ml or the 2000ml?

6. Shigshwa

jsker likes this.
  7. Aquaforest

Aquaforest Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Components ABC does not contain potassium and concentration of Component ABC is different than Components Strong.
    Daily dose Component ABC is 20ml/1L Balling method solution.

For example:
    1L Calcium solution+ 20ml Component A and 20ml Component B

Regards,
    Aquaforest

Shigshwa and jsker like this.
  8. Shigshwa

So, I would use 20mL for every 1L of calcium solution used? That would make the Components line 4 times more diluted than Components Strong, right? For Components Strong, the directions say to use 5mL for every liter of solution.

9. jsker

Yes

Shigshwa likes this.
  10. Shigshwa

Wow. I'll be on Aquaforest for decades with this much in my cabinet!

Teddyboy16 and jsker like this.
  11. Teddyboy16

Teddyboy16 Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

That's where regular testing comes in. As demand increases from the growing corals, you'll end up increasing the dosage to keep up with demand. You can send in a water sample to marinlab for icp testing. Its's not a magic bullet, but it can certainly help you if you test often enough to see trends in addition to testing your water at home.

12. bsjz

bsjz New Member

Since component ABC does not contain potassium does that mean that i will need to use a potassium supplement along with component ABC?

13. Aquaforest

Aquaforest Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Yes - you can dose Kalium separately.

14. Ubergroover

Ubergroover hard rock, harleys and Reef tanks! its what I do R2R Supporter CTARS Member Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Agreed..the 1+2+3+ work well....I run a ULNS aquaforest system and supplement with 1+2+3+. I have a 75 gallon I use it in. I water test Monday, dose 50ML of each same day. 40ML each Tuesday, 30 of each Wednesday. Test Thursday. Nothing Friday to Sunday, start all over again. I know this a bit irregular, however my testing shows the levels are rock steady. You have to fine tune to your tank, but when my Calcium is steady at 440, every other level falls into place. its easy, but you gotta stay on top of it testing wise. Stuff works. Just my 2cents

Aquaforest likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted