I want to see the Mandarins!!

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i want to see everyones mandarins that they got..include a little about yours how long you have had it and if you do anything special besides the normal things to keep yours happy..i have had mine for almost a year and a half now and it is one of my favorite fish to sit back and watch..when i first got mine it looked pretty rough for quite some time but made a nice turn around..i have a 55gal fuge and and the main tank is a 90gal..i have tons of pods and she is always on the hunt!!! here is a few pics of mine
mandarin7.jpg

mandarin6.jpg

mandarin9.jpg

mandarin14.jpg

mandarin2.jpg

here she is chuck full of eggs
mandarin1-3.jpg

mandarin1-4.jpg

mandarin4.jpg

mandarin5.jpg

mandarin6-1.jpg

coralfarm123

INDMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Mandarin. Here is my male mandarin that I've had for about 4 years. It lived in a 40 gallon sumpless reef for 3 years and surprisingly stayed fat. I think having coarse subtrate helped with pod production and it was the only fish in the tank. I recently moved him to a larger tank after I put a Sixline in the 40 to keep him from having to compete for food.

MandarinGoby.jpg

dc_909

Zoanthid Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Target Mandarins are sweet fish. I can't wait to get another one in my tank once it matures.

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mandarin that's been in my 29gal for 8 months now. And i have a target mandarin that i'm going to move to my 20gal. I'll try to get pics up tomorrow.

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics everyone! Man detguy that is one FAT happy mandarin!! Surfn those colors really pop on your guy - very cool!

Carolina Frags

Fragging for a Living
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
L love these fish.I have 4 right now and they have been with me well over a year.With all the sand ,rocks and corals I have it's like a pod breeding farm here.The Mandarins are happy and fat at the 24 hr POD Buffet.

I will try and get pictures today of them.

OP
OP
detguy123

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice pics everyone..very nice mandarin surfn...ex82 you got 4 that is cool..how large is your tank??

OP
OP
detguy123

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice pics everyone..i find mine to be pretty hard sometimes to get pics of but lately has been a little better

sdietz2469

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
holy cow that last mandrin is REALLY FAT... i have a target, but no where near that fat. i have had her for about 3 years .....
shane

AussieLordfan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my male. I also have a female as well. Had them almost a month now. My original pair died due to ich(PBT:mad:) after 3+months in my 90g.
I chose this guy cause he had some nice orange stripes and he stood out more than the rest. It's real relaxing watching them pod hunt all day long.
They always mind their own business and they really are the main fish that also got me into SW.
mandar1.jpg

IMG%5D

Last edited:

b0bby1

Zoa/Paly Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JGoslee, amazing pic. i have always like the spotted mandarin more than the green. for my 30 gallon i really want a mystery wrasse and either a mandarin or dragonface pipefish. the wrasse is a must, but i hope my fuge will produce enough pods to keep both. hopefully the wrasse doesn't eat the majority of the pods.

Back