I want to sell a chunk of live rock, what is the best way to go about it?

MeMyFishandI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chunk of Real Reef rock that I want to sell (it doesn't work with my scape but it was established so I wanted to keep it for cycling), I was planning on popping it up on the local forums and Craigslist. I know it has friendly hitchhikers on it and I don't believe I have any bad hitchhikers in the tank). Would it be best to bring the rock out of the tank and dry it out first, or leave it in my tank until there is a buyer? And what would be a fair price for a 5lb chunk of rock? Is it even worth selling? Thanks for your thoughts!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
please do not kill it,where are you located,fair price my opinion 5-7,lb,can wrap in wet,towel,newspaper,plastic bag to keep alive during transport :cool:

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you take it out and dry it everything dies, 5lb wet isn't much imo but its all about what someone will give ya. I know dry goes about a dollar a pound, I just picked up 80 lbs for 30 bucks lol. Its all relative to what they wanna pay

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
location??

OP
OP
MeMyFishandI

MeMyFishandI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
please do not kill it,where are you located,fair price my opinion 5-7,lb,can wrap in wet,towel,newspaper,plastic bag to keep alive during transport :cool:

My intention isn't to kill it, unless that is the best way to sell it. I am unsure if somebody would want a chunk of live rock that may have creepy crawlies on it!

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
post a thread on here ,i'm sure you will find someone close to you that would love to have 'real live rock" near you,specify your area in post,this place is world wide!! :cool:

Back