I want to throw my NEW Inkbird temperature controller out!!!

Bmw015

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's always beeping!!!! I don't mind the beeping as much as the complete inability to find a solution to the beeping. How do they go through the trouble of writing a product manual that doesn't offer solutions to all the issues that arise. I did look through previous threads and found answer to my first question....the dreaded E5 beep.

But the big problem is the unit is not heating to the temperatures I need it to. I've been stuck at 68 for a day. My husband unplugged it because I was out and forgot to let me know. Before then, I was stuck at 78. I wanted it to go up a little so I can cycle my tank at a good temp for my bacteria. Any advice?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what the E5 beep on that controller means. But, if it's faulty, you should return it while it still has a warranty.

Also, how big is the tank? How many heaters do you have... and their wattage?

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remember the heaters attached to it should be set a degree or so higher on their thermostats than the inkbird or the inkbird will not have full control.

OP
OP
Bmw015

Bmw015

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what the E5 beep on that controller means. But, if it's faulty, you should return it while it still has a warranty.

Also, how big is the tank? How many heaters do you have... and their wattage?
64 gallon tank with a 23 gallon sump. One 200W heater. I just bought it 2 months ago, I’ll call BRS again.

It’s finally heated to 75.9. I’ll see if it goes up more over night.

OP
OP
Bmw015

Bmw015

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remember the heaters attached to it should be set a degree or so higher on their thermostats than the inkbird or the inkbird will not have full control.
Oh. I’ll see how I can recalibrate it. Thanks!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it's beeping because the temp is too low. Mine has an alarm for too hot or cold.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
PV will show E5, the buzzer keeps ringing, and the alarm status is pushed to the mobile APP to remind the customer that the product is in an alarm state and need to check in time. In most cases, you may need a larger wattage heater

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
64 gallon tank with a 23 gallon sump. One 200W heater. I just bought it 2 months ago, I’ll call BRS again.

It’s finally heated to 75.9. I’ll see if it goes up more over night.
Your probably going to need two 200w heater for the tank.

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 65.4 I use two. 150watt heaters. I’m in the basement. I agree maybe add some wattage to help

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a problem that I created when I had the thermostat on the heater at 77.5 and the ink bird was set at 78. For that reason the heater would turn off when the tank reached 77.5 but the ink bird would continue to remain on Since it had not reached 78. It would eventually trigger the E5 error since it stayed on for a period longer than the continuous heating period. Hope this helps

Kris 2020

Super Active Excellent Well Known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's always beeping!!!! I don't mind the beeping as much as the complete inability to find a solution to the beeping. How do they go through the trouble of writing a product manual that doesn't offer solutions to all the issues that arise. I did look through previous threads and found answer to my first question....the dreaded E5 beep.

But the big problem is the unit is not heating to the temperatures I need it to. I've been stuck at 68 for a day. My husband unplugged it because I was out and forgot to let me know. Before then, I was stuck at 78. I wanted it to go up a little so I can cycle my tank at a good temp for my bacteria. Any advice?

I have this one and I love it. Controls my fans too.

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I didn’t calibrate each eheim before the inkbird. What I did was set the inkbird to 78-79 and set the heaters to 79 on the dials. The inkbird would not get to 79 so than I would turn the dials up slowly until the inkbird got its temp

Helena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have an inkbird system with app for my giant african landsnail tank and the E5code mostly at night and in the winter time. After a lot of searching i found it's a longer than you allowed continuous heating time. I set it from 6 to 10 hours, and it goes of way less frequently. Also had an E4 and couldn't figure it out, but that is when the temp difference between the 2 probes is too big, so if that happens you should place them differently/ more evenly. Those are the only 2 codes i encountered so far, but i agree that they should have had a section in their manuals about the meanings of the codes or atleast on their website. It's an overall great device, but the beeping is hell when it's so often. Also they don't say how to stop the beeping, but when you press the SET button, it stops beeping and only gives the visual alarm code so you can resolve it in silence

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back