I was today years old when I heard of Sea-Lab Formula 28! Do I need it?

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw someone post in a saltwater tank facebook group today that they use Sea-Lab Formula 28. I’ve never heard of it before but I did a teenie bit of reading on it and it sounds good. Lol! A teenie weenie bit of I have a 32 gallon tank with nems, coral, fish, etc…. Do I need it or is it just like a skimmer, some live with it, some live without it? Is it widely used? It is ridiculously beneficial?

Please let me know your experience with it.

1631293774453.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I saw someone post in a saltwater tank facebook group today that they use Sea-Lab Formula 28. I’ve never heard of it before but I did a teenie bit of reading on it and it sounds good. Lol! A teenie weenie bit of I have a 32 gallon tank with nems, coral, fish, etc…. Do I need it or is it just like a skimmer, some live with it, some live without it? Is it widely used? It is ridiculously beneficial?

Please let me know your experience with it.

1631293774453.jpeg
I always used it and Luce aquaria stopped selling it and realized very little difference without it

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would avoid. Sure, it adds stuff, but that includes stuff you don't necessarily need to dose, and at a dose you can't calibrate easily or measure. How does it "know" how much alk to dissolve in solution? It doesn't. It's a bit too hands off in my opinion.

OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would avoid. Sure, it adds stuff, but that includes stuff you don't necessarily need to dose, and at a dose you can't calibrate easily or measure. How does it "know" how much alk to dissolve in solution? It doesn't. It's a bit too hands off in my opinion.
I'm constantly wondering if I should add anything to my tank. There's nothing wrong with my tank. I just wonder if there's anything I can add that has added benefit that makes things in there happier. Lol!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back