I was told to switch from copper to paraguard for ich/velvet treatment. Thoughts?

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've currently got a small scopas Tang and a pink streaked wrasse in QT right now. Both went through 2 rounds of general cure and I raised the copper levels to 2ppm with coppersafe.

My Tang has started to develop what looks like hlle and I think it may be because of the copper. Anyone else observe this? Wrasse seems to be doing well. Eats nori, frozen, and flake food. 10 days into copper

I was advised by someone on FB to switch over to paraguard instead of copper. I did a little searching around and didn't find any info that would make me wanna switch from my current QT procedure. Does anyone employ this product with good results?

IMG_20200329_083100.jpg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, could be the Tang's reacting to the copper. Could consider pulling the Tang out after 14 days of therapeutic level and moving it into a clean, sterile QT for another 14 days of observation.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back