I wasnt blown away, is it just me ?

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny how 2 years ago indo coral were considered eh. Jakarta colonies were cheap Bali had nicer stuff. But everyone wanted ausi stuff. Now I guess we all forgot bc indo banned export everyone is going nuts over nice, regular corals. Lol.

EmptyWallet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lot of sales psychology involved - FOMO (fear of missing out), being convinced something is rare when it is not, the latest craze, ego (subconsciously) i'm a big deal coz I can spend $1500 on a frag and most people cant. Fellow reefers when they visit will be impressed - the list goes on...

Then couple that with addiction and the human obsession to collect items, especially of rarity (a stamp sold for $10m USD) vendors have a lot to play with to make some serious profits. I look at an indo torch and go 'meh, is it so much better than other LPS if you look at it objectively?

I have no issue with people buying whatever they want, I just hope they understand the psychology behind why their brain is telling them they MUST have it, to identify when its just a sales tactic and they are being massively ripped off.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a short tentacle green torch that bleached out after I did a blackout... that was a year ago... it's still bleached out hasn't grown and is tight to the skeleton. It's weird. Other Los have grown 10x over since then. Tthay onejusy isnt happy. ...point being maybe its just not happy where it is. Maybe move it to a different spot, different flow lighting all can make a difference.

turfster26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$1300?? I just saw one go for sale this week on reef2reef for $2k + shipping. The + shipping part made me lol more than anything. Imagine the thought going through someone’s head where they think getting $2k for a single head of torch is not enough that they have to add shipping charges.

+100000000000000

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to a frag swap tomoww and my main item I am looking for is a torch. So I'll take pics and get prices and let you guys know how much and what they look like.

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to a frag swap tomoww and my main item I am looking for is a torch. So I'll take pics and get prices and let you guys know how much and what they look like.

At reefapalooza Orlando this year I saw tons and tons of holy grail torches. They varied in size and price from $500-1500. My brother picked up as beauty from a guy who originally wanted $1000 but we brought it down all the way to $500. Good luck on your hunt

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At reefapalooza Orlando this year I saw tons and tons of holy grail torches. They varied in size and price from $500-1500. My brother picked up as beauty from a guy who originally wanted $1000 but we brought it down all the way to $500. Good luck on your hunt
Thanks man that's sweet but my pockets aren't that deep most I will spend is 300 and that is pushing it I know I probably won't get the best looking but I be happy with just a real nice plane green one. Bit we will sew

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me , or is this whole exotic torch corL craze blown out of proportion? The other day a LFS had a holy grail torch for 1300 per head. This is the first time seeing one in person. I've seen them on line a thought it was cool but seeing it in person I wasnt knocked over with a feather. Dont get me wrong if you like it and must have it, go for it, but it was just a lime-ish green with colored tips. I was like ehh, for some reason I was expecting more. Idk , like I said maybe it's just me and I love torch coras btw.
I agree. I have a couple of torches, one I won in a raffle from Justin Credible, the tips are starting to look blue - ish. Can't wait to see it grow out. Not bad for $10 silent auction.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1566913447325.png

Back