I wish I could eat at a restaurant that live streams it’s back kitchen

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine the peace of mind.

knowing that at any time you can pull up an app and make sure your chefs havent been watching the movie ‘waiting’ and running it in the kitchen

what better way to keep teenagers who make your fast food free from hijinks

matter if fact, isnt it gross to eat at restaurants that dont live stream their handling and preps

if any of you here own or manage a restaurant, please do this

I think it will boost your sales, I’d eat there.

next time you’re in a drive up for fast food, please think of this post. Not only are they not live streaming, they’re one upping each other with food joke actions in some cases
it’s fair to say anyone who’s older than seventeen has stories, a friend of a friend.

Yum, enjoy!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to see. Just want the food asap and I'll be polite as possible.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they use that much white bleached flower I’ll leave in a huff

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s why the camera thing popped into mind.

my favorite Duncan donuts nearby has the monopoly on avocado toast and coffee on the run. I like

well this time when I get one, after a long wait, the toast was still frozen on bottom and the avocado from a package looked un intently smeared, I wanted to protest but there’s no cam for the sendback attempt. I left in a huff lol they got my four bucks no services rendered. what are the chances a protest meal comes back clean for round two, when dealing with seventeen year olds? I’m no Vegas man but my chances seemed poor. I shoulda never watched that or any other Ryan Reynolds movie

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like dunkin coffee.... as long as I don't see they could spit in it lol

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I order from them or from any drive up I use my salesman’s nice voice total inflection control without being over bearing, something that wouldn’t make a teenager instantly hate you. I’m convincing them subconsciously as we speak to not taint, and I think it pans out well mostly.

in hindsight any form of voice prep will alarm the testy teenager, my calculations have been far off what have I been ingesting these last few years. I hope the heat was enough to kill it in transit from the window, to the car

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine the peace of mind.

knowing that at any time you can pull up an app and make sure your chefs havent been watching the movie ‘waiting’ and running it in the kitchen

what better way to keep teenagers who make your fast food free from hijinks

matter if fact, isnt it gross to eat at restaurants that dont live stream their handling and preps

if any of you here own or manage a restaurant, please do this

I think it will boost your sales, I’d eat there.

next time you’re in a drive up for fast food, please think of this post. Not only are they not live streaming, they’re one upping each other with food joke actions in some cases
it’s fair to say anyone who’s older than seventeen has stories, a friend of a friend.

Yum, enjoy!
I love that movie! Also careful what you ask for, you may get it. Meaning you're more likely to never eat out again if you're a sensitive soul who has unrealistic expectations haha. I recall getting a personal tour of a high end well known steak house restaurant (Smith & Wollensky) and it was an absolute dumpster fire back there. The food is simply amazing tho. People are far more fussy about presentation when in reality being OCD about how the kitchen looks back there doesn't really impact your health. Apparently it can be really messy and chaotic yet still meet heath standards haha.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to imagine the corporate liability involved in live streaming back area food prep teenagers to the paying public. It’s better concealed.

if this scorn seems like delayed self loathing from when I was seventeen you can at least be thankful I never worked in food prep. I wasn’t able to fix any electronics you brought into radio shack either but that was sheer inability, not meanness.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've worked at restaurants in my younger years. None of that stuff ever happens.

Sharlow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As somebody who's been a cook for over 20 years, I promise you don't want that. All that is happening back there is cooks talking **** about you, Talking about how stupid one of the orders that came in are, holding off on orders because management wants them to do something completely unrelated to cleaning, ect. On top of that, the cooks don't want to be watched. There is nothing creepier then having somebody look over your shoulder while you're doing your job. You would have a lot of tattooed and pierced up guys that would now have to hide all of that when this is one of the few jobs that allows you to have body art. Lastly, Open kitchen cooks tend to get tipped for working for an audience, which would most likely not happen via stream.

You also mentioned teenagers, but working from casual dining, mom and pop shops, all the way to 5*, teens are a rarity outside of the dishpit. Most of my coworkers are in their mid 30's and up, and have been since I first started cooking.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice to know. In your years have you seen any movie type tampering

excluding prep mistakes, ever seen a peer canned for being bad with orders?

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As somebody who's been a cook for over 20 years, I promise you don't want that. All that is happening back there is cooks talking **** about you, Talking about how stupid one of the orders that came in are, holding off on orders because management wants them to do something completely unrelated to cleaning, ect. On top of that, the cooks don't want to be watched. There is nothing creepier then having somebody look over your shoulder while you're doing your job. You would have a lot of tattooed and pierced up guys that would now have to hide all of that when this is one of the few jobs that allows you to have body art. Lastly, Open kitchen cooks tend to get tipped for working for an audience, which would most likely not happen via stream.

You also mentioned teenagers, but working from casual dining, mom and pop shops, all the way to 5*, teens are a rarity outside of the dishpit. Most of my coworkers are in their mid 30's and up, and have been since I first started cooking.
Agreed. It's a bunch of blue collar guys talking **** about the customers and each other. The only other insight is that most food is pre-made and heated to order to some extent.

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eat at Waffle House for every meal. That was my childhood dream. When I worked as a cook in college, we didn’t do any of that stuff. We did drink a lot of beers in the back and what happened in the walk in fridge stayed in the walk in fridge. Kidding. We were burning the devil’s lettuce. Fond memories.

Sharlow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice to know. In your years have you seen any movie type tampering

excluding prep mistakes, ever seen a peer canned for being bad with orders?
Turnover rates for cooks are high. It's a high skill, high paced, high pressure job with 0 benefits and **** pay, even with a degree and working at higher end kitchens. You're working 12-16 hour shifts with no break, in 115 degree+ rooms with fire and wall mounted overs in your face. Odds are unless you've ordered something fried, it's changing hands three times before it gets to your server, all of them pouring sweat. The chances somebody hasn't inadvertently sprayed something on your food is... low but never 0. If you've ordered something sautéed or off a grill, it's higher. This isn't an intentional thing, it just happens. If you're asking about intentional food contamination, yes, I've seen some warped things happen to peoples food, but never just randomly. It's always a Karen on her fourth reorder, or a regular that is trouble for the kitchen and never tips, and please understand.. your servers always remember who doesn't tip, and they all talk to each other.

As for people getting fired for being bad, not exactly. If you fire somebody, they're allowed benefits like UE, and kitchens refuse to ever give any sort of benefits. So if you're trash, you're either put into dish or find yourself with a half shift a week. They'll drown you out so you have to quit.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back