I wonder if my friend got scam for this zoa , plz ID

kadyooo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My friend paid $165 a poly half year ago , the seller said it’s named mosaic zoa, I can’t find any info of this name, I wonder what it is. Please help ID
1FD45E39-D24F-4853-B81E-CB9074E8BE36.jpeg
76D5D477-D931-40B9-A6B3-1E2A3461A31F.jpeg
76D5D477-D931-40B9-A6B3-1E2A3461A31F.jpeg

OP
OP
kadyooo

kadyooo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Name is what ever the seller wants it to be and price is what ever the buyer is willing to pay.

your friend ordered an expensive zoa and got what he ordered it was worth it to him at the time. The name sucks I’ll say so come up with something better.
I understand all zoa are named by different seller through out the ages, and seller can named wtever they want, what I mean the “ name”here is if there might be a diffrent name that i can find out the info about it, or else what’s the purpose I open a thread to ID? for example people will get confuse if I named my pink diamond zoa to lady bubble gum for $200 pp ???? I bet everyone will get mad at me. Lol

OP
OP
kadyooo

kadyooo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I believe those are frozen apples..
I appreciated for your respond! You are good, it really looking like frozen apple from the pics, but frozen apple center are more goldish and the tip are darker like black, this one the tips around are more baby blue greenish. The closest one zoa I found on web Is kungfu fighter zoa I think ....

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going with they are for sure frozen apple zoas. If your friend gladly paid that price, that long ago, then cant say he got scammed. Even with the names, he had to thing those zoas where worth the price, so i wouldn't call it a scam.

Now, just like every coral, it has come down from the sky high price, but still a super nice zoa!

Attachments

• frozen apple zoas.JPG
    frozen apple zoas.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 49

mrlavalamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Name is what ever the seller wants it to be and price is what ever the buyer is willing to pay.

your friend ordered an expensive zoa and got what he ordered it was worth it to him at the time. The name sucks I’ll say so come up with something better.

Exactly, whatever it's called, if the price doesn't match the appearance, then the buyer won't pay it.

Only way this COULD be a scam is if the item purchased does not match the item received.

It's not like they can copyright the name or anything, and even the big sellers would have no chance enforcing their naming over some random people that decide to call it something else and resell it.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like frozen apples, Fast growers.

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hard to tell from the picture but it looks like it could be cb krak god to me. That would explain the high cost but also the fast growth. If you have a mild filter for your camera that would help considerably. The picture 'as is' its difficult to gauge the colors correctly.

Aquainas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Eric,
Scammed is such a harsh word YIKES! You definitely did not get scammed since you got what you paid for at $125pp NOT $165. Additionally you won't find them under any other name to my knowledge, as we searched high and low for comparable morphs before even thinking of naming these...and while the name isn't 'Super Bubblelicious, Ultra Ultra Bad To The Bone' it is 'somewhat' unique ;). Glad that it's growing fast for you as it didn't for us while being conditioned from wild import. You're only one of three who have them (I think) so enjoy those beautiful palythoa and happy reefing!

Here's a quick literally in a hurry cell phone pic for reference...
mosaic-r2r-cell.jpg

Last edited:

Aquainas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think ID#558446 is better:p...while the 'fancy name' is the thing nowadays I wish we could do without them somehow...kind of a necessary evil though given the myriad of color morphs. You don't think Palythoa ID#558446 would catch on?? Ok back to reality.

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still think they look like the palys that would take over the back wall of the reef at our LfS and we would kalk paste over them.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back