I would like to take a moment and welcome Biota Marine as the newest sponsor of the Reef2Reef community!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GLAD TO HAVE YOU ABOARD AS A SPONSOR and a name that has raised many questions especially with stickers showing up with Live aquaria orders.
PLEASE TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOUR COMPANY, SERVICES, HUSBANDRY AND GOALS FOR r2r
So to put it simply we breed a ton of fish. Our goal is to strive for new successful species rearing which makes us most notable for our work with commercializing the breeding of yellow tangs and mandarins. But we also work on rare and normally hard to obtain species like our blotched anthias and aurora anthias. On top of the fish we breed for the aquarium trade we restock the reefs in Palau and are working towards a few key food security species.

Overall we're a bunch of fish nerds who really care about this industry and want to see it become as sustainable and educational as possible. There's a ton of great videos and information on our brand new website https://www.thebiotagroup.com/

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Biota. What you guys are doing with yellow tangs is outstanding. Are you hiring? (haha JK, I just love what you do)
We actually just got done with a new round of hiring but stay tuned on our social media we always have things popping up at our Florida and Palau facilities ;Wideyed

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoohoo! Happy to see you here.
Happy to be here Jazz!
giphy.gif

WirelessMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to take a moment and welcome Biota Marine as the newest sponsor of the Reef2Reef community! We are very happy and thankful to have you as a supporter of our reefing family!

Members please extend a hardy R2R welcome to our newest sponsor and please remember to shop with the sponsors of our community first for all your aquarium needs!

#newR2Rsponsor

Thank you!

Welcome to R2R Biota! Just ordered a Coral Beauty from you this AM and am anxiously awaiting the new addition to my tank! Glad to have you as a sponsor and thankful for what you do to give back to the ocean!

Obsessed Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just shipping only, we don't allow the public into our facility unfortunately. But its free shipping on orders over $150
2 Questions, the free shipping for over $150, what speed / courier is that with? And on your shop, you have a pair of Mandarins. Can you discuss the age and size that the pair would be? When I look to order Mandarins from AlgaeBarn, they are less than an inch, and state that the sex cannot always be guaranteed if a male has his fin damaged.

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 Questions, the free shipping for over $150, what speed / courier is that with? And on your shop, you have a pair of Mandarins. Can you discuss the age and size that the pair would be? When I look to order Mandarins from AlgaeBarn, they are less than an inch, and state that the sex cannot always be guaranteed if a male has his fin damaged.
We only ship FedEx priority overnight for all of our orders, including free shipping.

Since we drop ship packages for AlgaeBarn they're the same sizing, occassionally we'll have them grown out a bit more to be closer to the 1" sizing. We'll always grab the largest available out of our populations for every order placed.

For sexing we've seen enough mandarins at our facility that we can confidently sex them properly and we try to keep enough on hand that imperfect males should never be shipped out.

Obsessed Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We only ship FedEx priority overnight for all of our orders, including free shipping.

Since we drop ship packages for AlgaeBarn they're the same sizing, occassionally we'll have them grown out a bit more to be closer to the 1" sizing. We'll always grab the largest available out of our populations for every order placed.

For sexing we've seen enough mandarins at our facility that we can confidently sex them properly and we try to keep enough on hand that imperfect males should never be shipped out.

That’s awesome, typically when they ship out from you, what foods are they eating?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back