I would like to take a moment and welcome Reef Diaper as the newest sponsor of the Reef2Reef community!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad to hear you are happy with your Reef Diapers. It's interesting that they last longer than standard socks for some customers and less for others. I think one of the biggest factors is the length of the felt socks. What was the length of the socks you replaced?
They seem about the same, I dose lanthanum into them though so maybe that’s to blame. They often don’t look too bad when I pull them out it’s like something clogs the pores and then it just doesn’t move water through the sock as quickly

would be cool if you guys offered some different micron options down the road, I’d prob like a slightly lower micron option (like a fine mesh sock) and switch between them

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem about the same, I dose lanthanum into them though so maybe that’s to blame. They often don’t look too bad when I pull them out it’s like something clogs the pores and then it just doesn’t move water through the sock as quickly

would be cool if you guys offered some different micron options down the road, I’d prob like a slightly lower micron option (like a fine mesh sock) and switch between them
I don't have experience dosing lanthanum, so I'm not sure if it it will cause the Reef Diaper to clog sooner. I do have experience with carbon dosing. The bacteria colonies that feed on the carbon can clog filter socks very quickly. Overdosing can add to the problem. I have experienced this with Reef Diapers and felt socks.

Vyper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the Reef Diapers with the Red Sea Reefer adapter flange for about a month. They are working well for me with performance similar to the filter floss I was using before but easier to change and more consistent. Re-useable filter socks never worked well for me, after 3-4 use/wash cycles they always stayed partly clogged and would need to be changed daily.

Question-I am thinking of replacing my aging Reefer with a Cade aquarium, but I have not been able to find out if the Cade filter socks are standard size or not. Do you know if the Reef Diapers will fit in a Cade sump?
Yes they fit the Cade aquarium. I have the 1500 and 1800 and use these. Standard 4” hole

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back