I would like to take a moment and welcome Reef Diaper as the newest sponsor of the Reef2Reef community!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will these fit the Trigger Sapphire 20C sump which has a 4" oval cutout for filter sock
Currently we only have round flanges. Oval flanges will require new tooling. For now we plan on making some replacement filter plates with round holes. We should still be able to fit three across. I will post an update when they are available.

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any plans to do a 7” version?
If the 4" is successful we will likely create a 7" version. This will also require new tooling. For a short term solution we may create an adapter. It obviously wouldn't provide the capacity of the 7", but it would provide an option for systems with lighter bio loads.

philshel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently we only have round flanges. Oval flanges will require new tooling. For now we plan on making some replacement filter plates with round holes. We should still be able to fit three across. I will post an update when they are available.
Is the top flange flexible? I have the same sump and you simply squeeze the round filters to fit in the oval hole. Great idea by the way for those of use who can't use a filter roller.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll admit ... I saw the title and checked to see if this was posted on April 1. All I could picture was someone selling us diapers so we could watch our tanks longer.
That's brilliant! I'ma stock up on Depends.
Cheyenne Jackson Drinking GIF by FOX TV

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the top flange flexible? I have the same sump and you simply squeeze the round filters to fit in the oval hole. Great idea by the way for those of use who can't use a filter roller.
Sorry, the top is not flexible. I will let you know when we have some filter plates available for your sump.

FTW-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to take a moment and welcome Reef Diaper as the newest sponsor of the Reef2Reef community! We are very happy and thankful to have you as a supporter of our reefing family!

Members please extend a hardy R2R welcome to our newest sponsor and please remember to shop with the sponsors of our community first for all your aquarium needs!

#newR2Rsponsor

Thank you!

Cool idea! Looking forward to learning more about the products

ArnoldosAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thank you for the quick response. I will definitely try them out when available.
SUPER EASY FIX.
You know how the sock holder slides out, right?

Cut a piece of acrylic to match the size (¼") and then cut a 4" hole. Slide back in-- done!

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the material biodegradable?
The material is polyester and is not considered biodegradable. It will breakdown, but not quickly. There are more and more biodegradable materials being created and hopefully we will be able to find one that works for our application in the near future.

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would like to take a moment and welcome Reef Diaper as the newest sponsor of the Reef2Reef community! We are very happy and thankful to have you as a supporter of our reefing family!

Members please extend a hardy R2R welcome to our newest sponsor and please remember to shop with the sponsors of our community first for all your aquarium needs!

#newR2Rsponsor

Thank you!

It’s crazy I have been using these for about a month and I love them, I didn’t know you guys were in reef2reef

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s crazy I have been using these for about a month and I love them, I didn’t know you guys were in reef2reef
I'm glad to hear the Reef Diaper is working so well for you. This is our first product for the Reef Keeping hobby and we just introduced it on Reef2Reef. How is the filter life and performance compared to you previous filter socks?

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it curious that you recommend changing the diaper twice a week. Just what volume of GPH going through the diaper is this recommendation based on? Do you think a 20 gallon mini-reef should get the same twice a week change as a 500 gallon mega-reef?

1stNoel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad to hear the Reef Diaper is working so well for you. This is our first product for the Reef Keeping hobby and we just introduced it on Reef2Reef. How is the filter life and performance compared to you previous filter socks?
I just bought a set for a slightly different application (since 7" socks are not an option yet).

My sump is setup for 7" socks, but I place 4" socks inside them during my weekly maintenance. This way, when I'm syphoning out detritus from the barebottom system, if the 4" sock gets full, it will overflow into the 7" sock. No more messy sump.

Will let you know on the filter life comparison.

Tim Olson

Love to Learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

What an awesome idea. I just ordered a starter kit and an extra 30 pack. I like that they're formed into a cylinder, vs. the flat style of current filter socks. Although, I'm hoping the filter element is somewhat flexible, since I will have to deform them temporarily when I slide them in or out of the hole.

All the best :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back