I would like to take a moment and welcome Reef Diaper as the newest sponsor of the Reef2Reef community!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

1stNoel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a set for a slightly different application (since 7" socks are not an option yet).

My sump is setup for 7" socks, but I place 4" socks inside them during my weekly maintenance. This way, when I'm syphoning out detritus from the barebottom system, if the 4" sock gets full, it will overflow into the 7" sock. No more messy sump.

Will let you know on the filter life comparison.
I've re-ordered twice since my first buy.

It really helps with maintenance by allowing me to vacuum out detritus from 500 gallons of bare bottom tanks without using up all my normal filter socks.

Also noticed someone ask if these are reusable. In my opinion, that's a definite no. At least not for how i use them.

Pencil me in for 7" filters when they become available.

kamla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would these for for the water box X90
it uses 4 inch filter socks

NigeltheBold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on the version that will fit Red Sea sumps? I'm getting really tired of cleaning filter socks... looking forward to trying these once they make some that will fit.

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late replies. For some reason I didn't receive the notifications.
Would these work for a waterbox 10?
No, The Reef Diaper is too big for the Waterbox 10. They are made to fit a standard 3-3/4" bore.
would these for for the water box X90
it uses 4 inch filter socks
They should work if your sump has a 3-3/4" bore. Please measure before ordering.

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on the version that will fit Red Sea sumps? I'm getting really tired of cleaning filter socks... looking forward to trying these once they make some that will fit.
We had some delays with machining the existing flanges. They are nearly complete and I hope to have them added to our website by the end of next week. I will post an update as soon as they are ready.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely love these. They cut a plate out for my trigger CR 44 and they work better than the filter socks that I was using the flow goes over all three socks as to where before it really only hit the first two.

Attachments

• C5688DA6-8992-46A8-A8B1-A656BD7F7BEB.jpeg
    C5688DA6-8992-46A8-A8B1-A656BD7F7BEB.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 9A0DBDFB-90C3-492F-802A-DE628DA04A02.jpeg
    9A0DBDFB-90C3-492F-802A-DE628DA04A02.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1454.MOV
    55 MB

denverjon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of ordering some but haven't used filter socks in years and need to determine the quantity. How often do people recommend changing out the socks?

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of ordering some but haven't used filter socks in years and need to determine the quantity. How often do people recommend changing out the socks?
Twice a week is the going trend these days thanks to BRS's "study". They are the authority apparently. I let mine go a week until they start ballooning out. Twice a week is silly and $$$.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed mine out about once a week. Switching to these the best decision I’ve ever made. Fits my Trigger CR44 perfectly

Attachments

• 0AC6A042-7C85-4320-BF81-D85ED2CAF746.jpeg
    0AC6A042-7C85-4320-BF81-D85ED2CAF746.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 63

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely love these. They cut a plate out for my trigger CR 44 and they work better than the filter socks that I was using the flow goes over all three socks as to where before it really only hit the first two.
That's great to hear. The reason you didn't have even distribution with your old socks is likely due to leakage around the plastic flanges. It is difficult to get a good seal between the rigid flanges and the acrylic sock holder. The flexible rubber seal on the Reef Diaper eliminates this problem an forces all the flow into the socks. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on 7 inch @Reef Diaper ? My wife is about to kick me out with my mountain of filter socks.
We don't have any immediate plans for a 7" sock. We might make a 7" version in the future, but this will require new tooling and a lot of time. For a short term solution we created an adapter for our 4” filters. It obviously will have a much lower capacity and will only work for systems with light bio-loads. We are testing the prototypes now. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great to hear. The reason you didn't have even distribution with your old socks is likely due to leakage around the plastic flanges. It is difficult to get a good seal between the rigid flanges and the acrylic sock holder. The flexible rubber seal on the Reef Diaper eliminates this problem an forces all the flow into the socks. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Tha
That's great to hear. The reason you didn't have even distribution with your old socks is likely due to leakage around the plastic flanges. It is difficult to get a good seal between the rigid flanges and the acrylic sock holder. The flexible rubber seal on the Reef Diaper eliminates this problem an forces all the flow into the socks. Thanks for sharing the
I just changed out my reef diaper filter socks. I still can’t believe how well these work especially if you have a trigger sump. By far this is the way to go if you use filter socks, I know I probably sound like a broken record but years of using the regular 200 micron and God only knows how much money I’ve spent on socks over the years. THANK YOU REEF DIAPER

NigeltheBold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had some delays with machining the existing flanges. They are nearly complete and I hope to have them added to our website by the end of next week. I will post an update as soon as they are ready.

I'm assuming you ran into some more issues with the Red Sea version? Wouldn't surprise me, as I've seen supply chain issues in just about every industry. Excited to try these on a Red Sea v3 sump but obviously the regular ones won't fit.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back