I would like to take a moment and welcome Reef Diaper as the newest sponsor of the Reef2Reef community!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rioreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea!

Got to ask the question though - are they washable and be reused for a few times? Not on a permanent rotation, but extend beyond a single use.

Goes against what you are promoting, but still a viable question.

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea!

Got to ask the question though - are they washable and be reused for a few times? Not on a permanent rotation, but extend beyond a single use.

Goes against what you are promoting, but still a viable question.
I haven't tried it, but I don't see why you couldn't hand wash them a few times if you were gentle.

DarkTonio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a cool idea. How does it come nobody thought about it before?? I wish you a lot of success. If you make plenty of money, you will be able to expand your product line and probably produce 2.75'' wide socks for my Waterbox :) I would buy dozens of them !

MMcKenna1029

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay... Never heard of this before. Happened across this, "diaper" popped out and me and swelled my curiosity... Order placed! Phenomenal idea!

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the starter kit. Are they going to make my skimmer go bananas? I have to wash regular socks before I use them, would defeat the purpose of these if that were the case.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed a couple in my sump. The flange assembly is solid and secures the sock firmly in place. They fit into the sock holder like a glove. As far as the socks themselves go, the jury is still out. They look similar to a coffee filter, except you'd end up with a bunch of grounds in your cup if you tried to make coffee with them. I could see right through the bottom, and there were some decent sized >2mm holes in the matrix of fibers that make up the material. Maybe I got a bad batch that got stretched over the mold too hard. Sometimes I like to throw a spoonful of loose GFO into the bottom of socks. I definitely won't be doing that with this current batch.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed a couple in my sump. The flange assembly is solid and secures the sock firmly in place. They fit into the sock holder like a glove. As far as the socks themselves go, the jury is still out.
I don’t like the way that they ‘balloon’ out to about 7” across.

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the starter kit. Are they going to make my skimmer go bananas? I have to wash regular socks before I use them, would defeat the purpose of these if that were the case.
The filters are 100% polyester and do not use any binders. They do not need to be washed and will not make your skimmer go "bananas". Let me know if you have any other questions.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good. Nice and quiet.

PXL_20210909_234300760.MP.jpg

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on a version that fits Red Sea Reefers without modification?

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on a version that fits Red Sea Reefers without modification?
We have ordered the first prototypes and they should be completed soon. We are machining the existing flange assembly in order to fit the Red Sea tray. I will provide an update after the initial tests.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just swapped out the first set of socks that I deployed last Thursday. My preliminary observations that the material was thin and maybe too loose of a weave didn't seem to affect performance at all. I'd say it functions and lasts about as long as a 200 micron felt sock. I kicked up a detritus storm yesterday and threw in a little coral snow (calcium carbonate) to act as a flocculant. The socks cleared up the water quickly. I liked that after pulling the dirty socks I was able to easily pull them open and really get an up close inspection of what was in there. Here's the best part, after I was done looking inside I dropped them into the trash. I'm a fan :)

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home! You will love it here! Love the name!

Back