Icecap Gyre 2K in 90gl tank with corner overflow/return

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just purchased a IceCap Gyre 2K for my 90gl Display Tank. It has a corner overflow and return. My tank is mixed reef and about 9 months old. I do have a sand bed. I am looking for suggestions for this particular tank size/configuration as to where I should locate the Gyre. I assume on the right side, opposite the overflow, meaning it would push water towards the end of the tank with the overflow. Another option would be on the back wall somewhere pointing towards the front?

Any suggestions and recommendations would be much appreciated.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 3k on the wall opposite of my overflow in my 90g. It was turned down to 40% as it created too much chaos with the tunze I also had in there. I never positioned it on the back wall, it would have blown my sand all over I think.

Arawk408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just purchased a IceCap Gyre 2K for my 90gl Display Tank. It has a corner overflow and return. My tank is mixed reef and about 9 months old. I do have a sand bed. I am looking for suggestions for this particular tank size/configuration as to where I should locate the Gyre. I assume on the right side, opposite the overflow, meaning it would push water towards the end of the tank with the overflow. Another option would be on the back wall somewhere pointing towards the front?

Any suggestions and recommendations would be much appreciated.
I have two 2Ks in my 75G right now.. I have them on the backwall but I run them at like 27% b/c other then that its too strong... Which has had me wondering if I should dumps these and get something else? I feel like I wasted money on them running them so low...

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you’ll have to just experiment. For example, on the back or side wall opposite your overflow, but vertical and pointed towards the overflow. And don’t forget that if a whole 2K is too much, they do split in half. Best wishes!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 6.3%
Back