Icecap Kalk Stir - Why does this thing cost so much! and why couldnt I sleep last night dreaming about it!

Tiki_Reef

My daily driver is a nano.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is stocked with 7 large tangs and light is barely at 15%. The tank is also in a area with windows and close to the front door. Just for the hell of it I turned on my T5 and the PH went up to 8.28. Below is my open sump, i am sure this helps. However, my basement system PH is always on the lower side (8.0-8.1). If I can keep it above 8.3 naturally that would just make my life easier not to have to monitor if its too low.

sump.jpg
I know people who only achieved a .5 rise in pH it solely depends on how much alkalinity you go through a day, personally I would aim for a stable ph of 8.3 because if something happens like for some reason your dosing pump goes batty and dumps a ton of Kalk water in your tank you have some room if not and you stay in the high side you could potentially nuke your tank, a pH of 8.4 or 8.3 will not make much difference in coral growth. That is just my 2 cents.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.5%
Back