Icecap KM-200 Kalk reactor magnet spinning off?

ShepherdTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else’s kalk stirrer magnet not staying in place? It wobbles bad and spins off, even at low speeds. I purchased a longer magnet hoping that would help, but no dice. I’m pretty disappointed after finally getting it connected and having this problem for the amount it cost. I’ll reach out for support soon, but wanted to check here first. Any ideas?

OP
OP
ShepherdTech

ShepherdTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was considering buying this unit too, maybe I’ll look at something else, like you say it ain’t cheap..
The magnetic pill has nylon sleeves to keep from wearing down the bottom of the unit. I contacted support and they told me to just slow down the spinning speed, but that was the first thing I did. I ended up moving the nylon sleeves all the way to the center of the spinning pill and it resolved my issues. Working like a champ now. Thanks!

Forty-Two

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The magnetic pill has nylon sleeves to keep from wearing down the bottom of the unit. I contacted support and they told me to just slow down the spinning speed, but that was the first thing I did. I ended up moving the nylon sleeves all the way to the center of the spinning pill and it resolved my issues. Working like a champ now. Thanks!

Do you know the accepted voltage on the motor? I cant seem to find that data anywhere.

Im on 220v but Im interested in it.

Forty-Two

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting on the screenshot from BRS I see its input is 100-240v

1626249791846.png

Back