IceCap Releases Pro Series Plug-and-Play Series Turf Scrubbers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquaNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IceCap just announced the release of a series of new algae scrubbers (AKA turf scrubbers) that are an advancement / enhancement to IceCap’s standard algae scrubbers that have been on the market for nearly two years. IceCap is calling the new scrubbers the PRO Series Turf Scrubbers and they are available in three different sizes for aquariums up to 350 gallons.​

Keep reading to learn more...

icecap-pro-turf-scrubber-2.jpg

las

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a review or anything else to say about these units?

Poochaku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed a couple days ago and have no complaints so far. We will see how it goes when algae growth starts. Not sure about the fluid mechanics but the flow was not good when first set up but letting it go for a couple hours it evened out to great, even, laminar flow.

MPCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed a couple days ago and have no complaints so far. We will see how it goes when algae growth starts. Not sure about the fluid mechanics but the flow was not good when first set up but letting it go for a couple hours it evened out to great, even, laminar flow.
Any updates to share after a few weeks with the scrubber? Any growth and nutrient reductions yet? Interested to hear how these units work.

Poochaku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates to share after a few weeks with the scrubber? Any growth and nutrient reductions yet? Interested to hear how these units work.
Yes, it's actually working too well. already lowered the light period. The last 2 weeks I scraped a shag carpet off weekly. I introduced the algae scrubber to an empty tank and added fish shortly after. It has reduced nutrients to lower than pre fish/feeding and I need to dial in the photoperiod as to not bottom out. Honestly kind of surprised how fast it took off.

I don't think any of this is unique to this scrubber and that any scrubber I added would have performed similarly. I just favor this one because the insump design is most convenient for me.

MPCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it's actually working too well. already lowered the light period. The last 2 weeks I scraped a shag carpet off weekly. I introduced the algae scrubber to an empty tank and added fish shortly after. It has reduced nutrients to lower than pre fish/feeding and I need to dial in the photoperiod as to not bottom out. Honestly kind of surprised how fast it took off.

I don't think any of this is unique to this scrubber and that any scrubber I added would have performed similarly. I just favor this one because the insump design is most convenient for me.
Wow, that's great to hear that it works so well. Good luck with dialing it in. Agreed the design seems very simple and is very competitively priced with others I have researched. Thanks for the feedback!

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks,

I have a 220g, SPS dominate tank, curious if the Medium unit would be suitable, or if I would be better of with the Large version of the IceCap Turf Scrubber Pro?

Thanks,

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks,

I have a 220g, SPS dominate tank, curious if the Medium unit would be suitable, or if I would be better of with the Large version of the IceCap Turf Scrubber Pro?

Thanks,
The medium is rated for aquariums up to 225 gallons (as you probably read) so it should be fine. We have 3 medium scrubbers on order and they will be here on Friday. If you end up going with the large unit we can drop ship it to you direct from the Manufacturer in Louisiana. If you order from us and don't have an account then please create an account so you receive 5 times rewards, free shipping and no sales tax if you are located outside of South Carolina. Sorry for the sales pitch :).

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The medium is rated for aquariums up to 225 gallons (as you probably read) so it should be fine. We have 3 medium scrubbers on order and they will be here on Friday. If you end up going with the large unit we can drop ship it to you direct from the Manufacturer in Louisiana. If you order from us and don't have an account then please create an account so you receive 5 times rewards, free shipping and no sales tax if you are located outside of South Carolina. Sorry for the sales pitch :).

Thanks Scott, just placed the order!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back