Ich after 4 months?

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My orchid dotty has a white speck on its tail. Impossible to take a picture. He was the last fish added 4 months ago.

Last inverts (snails) added 2 months ago.

Only thing recently added were some zoa frags and euphyllia 2-3 weeks ago.

I have 1 tomini, 2 clowns and the orchid in a 90. They generally leave each other alone but the clowns and orchid do mess with each other once in a blue moon so I can’t rule out a nibble or two at the tail.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My orchid dotty has a white speck on its tail. Impossible to take a picture. He was the last fish added 4 months ago.

I have 1 tomini, 2 clowns and the orchid in a 90. They generally leave each other alone but the clowns and orchid do mess with each other once in a blue moon so I can’t rule out a nibble or two at the tail.
A picture would be useful. I wouldn't assume ich based on one spot but it can't be ruled out either. Lympho often presents itself first as a white spot on a fin/tail.

OP
OP
W

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was thinking that too. I’ll try to take a picture but the little bugger will almost always look directly at the phone. Never sideways. I’ve got plenty of pics of his face.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The trick that often works with ruling out ich is to watch the spot for 72 hours. If it is still there, it isn't ich. If it drops off, then it might or might not be ich. If it drops off, but new similar spots return in new locations, it is probably ich. If many spots show up, it is ich and needs to be dealt with ASAP.

Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back