OP
OP
Alexz

Alexz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A tank can be two years old and it’s still not considered a mature tank for keeping fish like the ones you have alive without QT.

BRS videos don’t really covert what a true mature reef is. It takes years and years to become one. I am talking sponges and microfauna and coral density and time.

Plan to QT or only buy from QT venders like Dr Reef and TSM from here on out if you want fish like this.

I have never personally done copper in a DT. I know people have and the used tons of copper absorbing media for a long time. I don’t remember how long off hand.
Yeah I agree plus those guys are very knowledgeable but also very good salesman

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is a good reach about ich and those tangs. Velvet is even worse than Ich.

OP
OP
Alexz

Alexz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A tank can be two years old and it’s still not considered a mature tank for keeping fish like the ones you have alive without QT.

BRS videos don’t really cover what a true mature reef is. It takes years and years to become one. I am talking sponges and microfauna and coral density and time.

Plan to QT or only buy from QT venders like Dr Reef and TSM from here on out if you want fish like this.

I have never personally done copper in a DT. I know people have and the used tons of copper absorbing media for a long time. I don’t remember how long off hand.
The only thing I went back on is filter socks. Automatic one by bubble magus medium sized wasn’t capturing all the heavy feeding I was doing along with skimmer. Maybe my setup still needs tweaking prolly. I dunno

OP
OP
Alexz

Alexz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So I’m still unsure if Its ich, velvet, fluke, or all combined. pics and symptoms more on the velvet side looks like? So all my fish are in danger of dying? I have a 20 gallon glass aquarium or 40 gal bucket what’s better for the remaining fish. Goby, coral Beauty dwarf, fire angel, gold line rabbit fish, 3 damsels, 1 squami anthia(had 5, 2 weeks ago) Powder blue, Hippo, blonde naso, yellow and purple tangs? So after draining water should I still not exceed 40% water change or in this case I can do 100% water change? Thank you!

OP
OP
Alexz

Alexz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m still unsure if Its ich, velvet, fluke, or all combined. pics and symptoms more on the velvet side looks like? So all my fish are in danger of dying? I have a 20 gallon glass aquarium or 40 gal bucket what’s better for the remaining fish. Goby, coral Beauty dwarf, fire angel, gold line rabbit fish, 3 damsels, 1 squami anthia(had 5, 2 weeks ago) Powder blue, Hippo, blonde naso, yellow and purple tangs? So after draining water should I still not exceed 40% water change or in this case I can do 100% water change? Thank you!
Forgot cleaner, 6 line and malonar wrasses

OP
OP
Alexz

Alexz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Or this copper treatment with fish out treats all ich, velvet, fluke?

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can reuse all the water you drain out. You don’t need to do any water changes for the removal of fish.

OP
OP
Alexz

Alexz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or this copper treatment with fish out treats all ich, velvet, fluke?
Also in the quarantine tank/bucket setup do I use aquarium water or new batch with medication but no carbon filter?

OP
OP
Alexz

Alexz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper treats ich and velvet. Prazipro treats flukes.
So I can treat both simultaneously? Only my powder blue is showing symptoms, he’s sideswiping sand like powder brown did. Nobody else is hanging out by power heads and all eating normally. Or I’m just making excuses and it’s a ticking time bomb get them all out? so for quarantine do I use new batch or aquarium water with good and bad bacteria?

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant to speed up the dying of any remaining aquarium deseases
This is not needed. Keep your tank at 81F for 45 days and all parasites will die.

You can use old water for your fish in the beginning. The copper will kill any ich/velvet. After the first day only use freshly made water.

OP
OP
Alexz

Alexz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local reef store got copper medicine and regular checker not digital. Should I still order Hannah or regular is ok?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back